TGV Paris to Dijon Prem Tix

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2009, 06:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just purchased my TGV PREM tix from Paris to Dijon on the voyages-sncf website for Aug 28 (3 months). They cost only 34e for 2 people!!! It was so easy navigating the site thanks to all the info and assistance that I received here. I printed them out and I'm ready to GO!!! Thanks, Red
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:48 AM

The trick to getting PREM tickets at the lowest price is to purchase them exactly 90 days in advance..

Be careful not to damage the printouts you make. The TGV site only allows you to print them only ONCE... so make all efforts to keep them clean and dry..

Once aboard the train, you need only show them to the conductor the tickets along with your passports..

Enjoy Dijon! It is a great city, one of my favorites..
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:06 AM

>>them exactly 90 days in advance.<<<

How many times do I need to repeat this....3 MONTHS IN ADVANCE - not ninety days. Note that redc purchased tickets for Aug 28 on May 28 - that's 92 days in advance. Red could have actually purchased them at 6:01PM EDT yesterday - the 27th.

>>The TGV site only allows you to print them only ONCE... <<

Copies = 2 on your print function. That's what I aways do.

Stu Dudley
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Following Stu's previous advice I went with the "3 months" yesterday at around 8:00PM edt, but the site was wacky. So I logged in this morning and picked up the Prems. I did not wait until 90 days!

Also, a tip: When the "Print Your Own" tix open up, Print them and then Save the PDF on your hard-drive so that you have them for future printing in case you misplace them.

That way, you really aren't limited at all.
Old May 28th, 2009, 07:22 AM

>>but the site was wacky<<

That's normal for the sncf site

redc - did you "play around" with the site yesterday before 8:00, when you started to "get serious". I seem to recall that playing around with it too much on the same day as you purchase tickets has a tendency to confuse it. It tries to "save" your destinations/itineraries/dates/times/etc which makes the site almost impossible to use after a while. I play around/practice a day in advance, and then just do the necessary stuff on the day I plan to purchase tickets.

Others - also make sure you notify your CC people to expect a transaction from France when you do this - I made that mistake a few months ago.

Stu Dudley
Old May 28th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Stu...Good guess..I did play around with the site yesterday and it did crash on me. Fresh this morning, though, it worked like a charm.
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:07 AM

I think I"ve printed them more than once, or perhaps I simply made Xerox copies of the one. That may seem obvious, but you don't have to worry about destroying the one printed copy you have if you make several. I always carry more than one copy of all tickets and itineraries on trips, and keep them in two different places (one in my purse, one in my carryon).