Termessos-Perge-Aspendos

Search

Termessos-Perge-Aspendos

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Termessos-Perge-Aspendos

Can this trip be done in one day by car?
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If you are starting from Antalya, Lara, Belek, Beldibi, Konyaalti and returning to similar or thereabouts, the answer is yes.

Perge and Aspendos are on a fast divide highway, and neither site requires too long a visit.

Just in case, the season is still on, check for festivals or musical events, opera, etc. at Aspendos or other locations near Antalya for when you are there.

Antalya also has a terrific water park and I heard of a theme park as well.
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 05:56 AM

>and neither site requires too long a visit<

I can't believe it...I agree with OC! Visited both on our way into Antalya driving in from Egidir (Lake District). That would mean going back into Antalya if you wish..spend the night and head for Phaeselis and the Turq. coast next day. Less of a rush than you originally considered.
stu
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Stu and OC

I think that may be the way to go. Or even this.We fly into Antalya around 1pm. Can we visit Perge and Aspendos in the afternoon, then drive to Antalya?
No backtracking !

Liz
Old Apr 28th, 2012, 08:49 PM

that's it...now you've got it...who says Oz folks don't get it!
stu
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Original Poster

Stu,

Please forgive my persistence. Such trips from Oz are difficult as our school holidays are not conducive to long trips to Europe. Perhaps I am too particular, but I do not want to waste precious time, especially as my travels with my sons are coming to an end due to final school exams, university etc. In fact my 18 year old son has deferred universiy this year and is volunteering in Cambodia-woking with land mine victims and doing peace advocacy work. Liz
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 05:10 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Suki, congratulations for bringing up such young men, although it must be tough for you to see your 18 year old leave on his adventure. Hope that everything goes well for him and he comes back much wizened.

i hope you do not mind one bit of pedantic advice for their university curricula :

No matter what they study, I hope they will take one accounting course. Even those involved in social work or archeology or arts and literature need to understand about "debit" and "credit" whether it be in social relations or financial matters.

i am assuming that they are high EQ idealists with high levels of empathy and compassion already.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 06:00 AM

Liz...I was referring to the fact that your persistence paid off with a final plan that looked solid...that's what I meant by "getting it"...you've built a trip that is lean and mean yet will produce for you and your young man a happy, meaningful, educational and memorable visit. Your son working in Cambodia with land mine victims, and peace advocacy. He's on his way to a productive adulthood. My old friend in QLd has a son the same age who seems to be getting off on the right foot also.
stu
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 06:06 AM

Liz..I hope my hodgepodge of pics have given you some feel for the beauties and splendor of Turkey. I'm working on eliminating the "doubles and triples" and replacing with singles... particularly for Istanbul and vicinity. So much to see.
stu
Old May 1st, 2012, 01:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your help.
Both Eser's and Stu's photos give a clue as to what lies ahead. I think that I may be more on the tourist route than you were, Stu.
OC, you comments on accounting were informative. At this stage my son is looking to continue Classical Greek, Latin and Philosophy with a view to post-grad work more relevant to Aid work.
Liz
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:31 AM

As I promised, here are the newly edited and captioned Turkey pics..the first set is "Scenes of Turkey", the second set is all Istanbul.

https://picasaweb.google.com/stuartt...cenesOfTurkey#

stu (second set below)
Old May 7th, 2012, 11:37 AM

Suki..here are the pix of Istanbul...all approved and edited for accuracy by the affable and esteemed coach of Turkey's Olympic "Risk Management Team"..they will appear in London to sit at center field opposite the opposing country's team, with their laptops firing away! Gold Medal favorites!

Great trip for you Suki and Son. Best wishes..

Stu Tower

https://picasaweb.google.com/stuartt...nesOfIstanbul#