Reload this Page >

Temperature in Early May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 05:05 AM
M

Hi. Thinking of heading to Greek Islands in early May for honeymoon. We want to relax by the pool/beach. Does anyone know the average temparature/weather in early May?<BR><BR>Thank you!

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:10 AM
Ira

Dear M<BR> You will getmore responses if you head your message eith the word &quot;Greece&quot; in it.<BR><BR>Have you done a search on Google?

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:16 AM
elina

If I remember right, it was 20-22°C in the daytime, but dropped to 12-15°C at night. That was the first week of May couple of years ago.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:25 AM
Mark

Hi. I didn't think I needed to put the word &quot;Greece&quot; if I posted on the Greece board. Thanks, Mark

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:31 AM
Sue

I was in Greek islands mid-May (14-15, on), both '97 and '98; Santorini and Crete were warm enough for sunbathing, Mykonos was not. From my experience, I'd say that early May would be iffy, but as with everywhere else, I'm sure it varies from year to year.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:27 AM
Rex

I think that the two most useful interenet resources for these kinds of questions are:<BR><BR>www.worldclimate.com<BR><BR>and<BR><BR >www.weatherbase.com<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:32 AM
Ira

Hi Mark,<BR>The reason for my note was that I found your posting on &quot;Europe&quot;, which gets all of the posts.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 10:14 AM
scumpy

<BR>Mark, you are on the Europe board, not the Greece board. There is no Greece board. All of Europe is on this board.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 11:05 AM
Confused

Mark,<BR><BR>&quot;Hi. I didn't think I needed to put the word &quot;Greece&quot; if I posted on the Greece board. Thanks, Mark&quot;<BR><BR>There is no &quot;Greece&quot; board. That only works if you are doing a search (which you obviously did not do). Otherwise, all posts go to the &quot;europe&quot; board.<BR><BR>Confused<BR>

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 03:30 PM
topper

topping<BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 08:21 PM
EFFTEE

It depends where you intending to go. If you go to the Ionian Islands( Corfu, Paxos,Kephalonia etc) expect rain - it is warm enough for tourists but the locals will still be in their winter clothes ! It will ge cold in theeveings and ealry May will def have some rain. Basically if you want to swim sunbathe then go further south, Crete would be your best bet.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 02:43 AM
xxxx

There is no Greece board. There is a &quot;search&quot; by topic, the suggestion for a more descriptive tittle is acutually, a good one. M, if all you want is a beach, there is always Jamaica or Aruba where you don't need to be too concerned about the temperatures.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Mark

Thank you. Mark

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 04:22 AM
Jill Stein

Mark is right.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:19 AM
xyz

97 or 98? Impossible....There is no place on the planet where the temperature regularly is more than 50...human life could not exist at temperatures of 97 or 98.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 06:28 AM
abc

To xyz: Sue is talking about the year (97 and 98)!<BR><BR>In July/August it can easily get 97-98 Fahrenheit which is something over 30 Celsius!!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:48 AM
cristina

Hi M!<BR>The weather really varies from year to year. For example last April-May i was in Crete and it was pretty hot! Many tourists were swimming..of course for us greeks the water was pretty cold But usually the weather is good and sunny... but with a big possibility of rain also!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 07:40 AM
Sue

Thank you, abc, for the clarification for xyz! Guess I should have written &quot;in&quot; '97,'98! This is how misunderstandings begin, no doubt!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 01:05 PM
navyflyer

The weather should be nice. I was in Crete in March 2001 and it was quite hot. I hve even been able to snorkel in Rhodes in Mid November. I am sure the weather would be pleasant.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:33 PM
L

I was in Santorini &amp; Crete from mid-April to mid-May, 2000. As a Canadian, it was warm enough for sunbathing in both Santorini and Crete; in fact, I spent most days beachside in Crete. By the second week in May, it was verging on hot. The ocean was still cool, though, but no cooler than mid-August in Vancouver.