Television program "American Embassy"

Feb 11th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Giovanni

Television program "American Embassy"

I saw an advertisement for this new program on Fox and instantly thought of Beth A! The storyline for the program is about an American lawyer working at the American Embassy in London...Beth, it seems your job search has inspired a television series!
Ciao,
Giovanni
PS. Has anyone heard what the latest news is from Beth and her relocation efforts?

Feb 12th, 2002, 05:02 PM
MaryC

No, Giovanni, I haven't (not that I receive e-mails from BethA), but I wonder if Kavey or Sheila has?

Anyone?

Feb 12th, 2002, 05:15 PM
patty

I spotted her last week in a long line waiting to get into a Baltimore soup kitchen. Broke my heart. Poor thing looked rather frazzled (to put it kindly), had a battered shopping cart with what seemed to be all her worldly possessions and was mumbling something that sounded like "...just popping in for a spot 'o tea with Lady Windermere then I must dash". It was a sad scene indeed.

Feb 12th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Observer

Patty, you made me laugh out loud, but it wasn't at Beth's expense. You were just very funny. By the way why haven't we heard from Beth in eons?

Feb 12th, 2002, 05:29 PM
curious

Beth in in Eons? I thought she was in London.

Feb 12th, 2002, 06:58 PM
c

Good one, patty,very funny!

Where is Beth ??~

Feb 12th, 2002, 07:44 PM
MaryC

Poooor little Beth!!

But really, Patty, was she borrowing Lady Windermere's Fan? And was the tea at Brown's or the Ritz? : )

BethA - how ya doin'???

Feb 12th, 2002, 07:51 PM
curious

Realistically this could happen if you spend your savings and severance package overseas looking for a job. Beth, can you collect unemployment while you're interviewing abroad? I think the maximum you can collect is approximately $500/week if you're single without dependents for 30 weeks.

Maybe Beth is temping or collecting and redeeming soda cans. Those nickles begin to add up. How many soda cans do you have to collect to buy a roundtrip ticket from the east coast to London?

Feb 13th, 2002, 06:16 PM
The other Beth

Get current folks - Beth showed up just yesterday and is still jobless but encouraged. And, why would she head for Baltimore for soup when DC is so much closer for her?

Feb 13th, 2002, 07:48 PM
notThat

Gee, curious, you are really curious about Beths financial status, are you an accountant or something?

Feb 14th, 2002, 04:55 AM
another DC attorney

come on guys, I have been following this for ages and you jealous sorts never stop do you. GO BETH!!

do you have any idea what attorney temps make? try MINIMUM 30 bucks an hour. and you pick your projects - length of projects and all that.

true, this is not even close to what a full time attorney makes here, but when you start adding in the overtime hours, it racks. who here works only a 40 hour week anyway.

a friend of mine from law school did the whole 'work like a dog for months, take off and play for months'. During her full-steam-ahead work time, she made 5000 DOLLARS in any given week. her "short" weeks she would pull in a few grand.

methinks an attorney making this kind of cash would be able to go quite a while without needing to replenish the coffers.

eh?

Feb 14th, 2002, 11:09 AM

topping