Tea shops in London

Mar 13th, 2002, 08:48 AM
Tammy

Tea shops in London

Last time I was in London I fell in love with tea. I’m going back to London, so I’m planning bringing back quite a bit of it, mostly English Breakfast and Earl Grey. Last time I purchased tea from Harrods and Whittards, but I would love to seek out other places and brands. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks. Tammy

Mar 13th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Leslie

You will find an incredible selection of teas at Fortnum and Mason.

Mar 13th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Lindsey

Leslie is right, F&M do have a great range, However, if the tea is for your own consumption and you're not bothered by fancy packaging or souvenir tins, then supermarkets also have an excellent, affordable range. For example, the Tesco Metro on Oxford Street in central London has a whole aisle dedicated to tea, and it will certainly be a lot cheaper than Fortnums, Harrods, Selfridges or any other of the famous Food Halls. Not quite as exciting to visit, I'm afraid, or as aesthetically pleasing, but a good range of teas nonetheless.

Mar 13th, 2002, 09:34 AM
Tammy

Thanks for the quick replies. Both the Twinings shop and the Bramah Museum are on list for places to visit. Thanks for the recommendations of the favorite brands. Even though I collect tea tins, I also definitely want to visit some local grochery stores and stock up. Thanks.

Mar 14th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Tammy

Since I posted this yesterday and I wasn't at home, I wanted to pull it back up while at home so I could retrieve the info. To my surprise, David's reply was missing and I didn't get a chance to write down all his information. If you're out there, post again, or email me. Thanks. Also, if anyone else has recommendations on their favorite teas let me know. Tammy

Mar 14th, 2002, 09:49 AM
carolyn

Tammy, not to be a spoilsport, but you can get Yorkshire Gold and other English teas at Campbell's Cottage right here in River City. I don't know about price comparison, but you wouldn't have to carry so much back home.

Mar 21st, 2002, 06:42 AM
jo

i am a tea and london addict. i do love
fortnum and mason and if you are interested in tea the coffee/tea museum is well worth a visit. its a walk from the tower bridge. even my mom who wasnt interested but went loved it. she always talks about it.
locally her ein boston we have a chain alled tealuxe and they have a website
tealuxe.com. their stuff is first class and they have hundreds of teas. its great.

Apr 12th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Lynn

Tammy,

We found some great teas at The Tea House in Covent Gardens. You can purchase loose teas or tea bags of different varieties.