Taxi from Campo de Fiori area to Termini

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2011, 12:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to all you nice people who've helped along the way, we're here in Rome and after a shaky start (apartment mix-up, lost bag..hate Air Canada) we're settled in to our wrong apartment and moving ahead. Tomorrow we leave for our two nights in Sorrento, so my question is: I know we can call for a taxi but I also know there's a taxi stand somewhere around here (Campo de Fiori area), but I can't seem to find out exactly where it is. Also, does anyone have any idea what a taxi should cost from here to the Termini? Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 01:51 AM

Go to the far end of the Via dei Giubonnari, right to the Via Arenula. There are lots of taxis there and the cost will be just a few euro, I think we paid 7 in July.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
if you don't want to walk with your luggage to the taxi stand, one of you can go and get the taxi to drive to your address and pick the other one up with the bags.

we did that in Florence when there were 4 of us and assorted luggage and it worked very well.

shame about the apartment problems and the lost bag - better luck with the rest of the trip!
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks..we walked over and found a taxi stand at the corner of Via Arenula and Corso Vittorio Emanuele...don't know if that's the one you were talking about, tarquin, but it will work fine for us. Only a few blocks with a couple of small bags, so we'll be fine walking it.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 07:43 AM

Glad to hear you will be ok, Sherrala. Your "wrong" apartment wasn't anything to do with 23 Via dei Giubonnari, was it? We arrived there and were taken to a substandard place on the other side of Corso V Emmanuele.

I will be back in Rome soon as my son has just taken a job in the EUR area. I still have not found anywhere nice but cheap to stay.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 08:12 AM

tarquin - what's cheap?

we stayed here for a week a couple of years ago and it was what we thought was a pretty reasonable €110 -per night.

http://lacasadiclelia.webs.com/

it's gone up just a tad since then, but there are no extra charges like cleaning or out of hours meeting, and it is in a fantastic position.

good luck!
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 08:54 AM

We took a taxi from the Vittorio Emanuele Monument to Termini in April and I think it was about 10 euros.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 09:27 AM

We were in the Campo area and took the bus to the station. I believe the bus stop was 1/2 block from the square. we had scouted it out the day before to be sure so we weren't searching with our bags. We do only have 1 carryon each.
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 09:30 AM

we were in the Campo area, actually 1/2 block away, and took the bsu on Vic Emmanuale. It was about 1 block away. We had scouted it out before so were not searching with bags.
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 12:50 AM

Thanks for the link, ann, la casa di Clelia looks very nice and cheap too. We paid more for somewhere really pretty horrible now I reflect on it.
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 01:44 PM

tarquin - how many of there are you?

la casa was fine for three of us, probably even better for two. i don't think that it would really work with four adults, to be honest.

also, the bedroom is in the basement; this did not worry us as they have done something very clever with borrowing light from the ground floor via glass and mirrors. it does mean that the living room/kitchen opens straight onto the street so no stairs! [except into the basement of course].

The kitchen is very well-equipped and the sitting area and bedrooms very comfy. the bathrooms aren't stellar but are perfectly ok. the best part is the location which we thought was just about perfect. certainly it's not grotty and was very good value, we thought.
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 07:31 PM

Via Arenula has a direct bus going to Termini.
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 11:18 PM

There will be only two of us as our son will be living somewhere south near the B metroline. I know your area as we stayed on the Via del Vecchio Governo recently.

I hope you endured the queue for da Baffetto? It may have been my best pizza ever, and we had just arrived from Naples.

The hurdle will be persuading my husband to sleep in a basement, but the flat does look well-equipped and attractive, miles better than anything we've tried yet. Thanks.
Old Sep 20th, 2011, 06:50 AM

honestly Tarquin, it doesn't feel like a basement when you are in there, and what are you going to do in a bedroom [besides sleep] that is affected by what floor it's on? ok, there's no view, but lots of so -called views are rubbish, and you have the whole of Rome to go and gawp at, if you are so minded.