Taxi cost from Stresa to Malpensa?

Old Aug 26th, 2003, 04:48 PM
cmt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxi cost from Stresa to Malpensa?

I'm trying to decide whether to spend my last night in Stresa before flying home. I'll have a morning flight, the direct bus from Stresa to Malpensa will no longer be running, and it seems a little risky to take a train plus a taxi early in the morning.

Has anyone taken a taxi from Stresa to Malpensa in recent years, and if so, do you remember what it cost? (A year and a half ago, a pre-dawn taxi ride from Milan to Malpensa was about 45 Euro, and Stresa does not seem much further from the airport than Milan.)
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 05:52 PM
cmt
Original Poster

IDoes anyone know whether there might be some some standard way I might figure out the taxi fare based on the distance?
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 07:26 PM

You can check with your hotel because most hotels can arrange a private car for you. The cost I don't know but it will give you an idea if you check.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 08:13 PM
cmt
Original Poster

I don't have a hotel yet. I'm still planning where I want to stay when.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 12:42 PM

Don't know if it's too late to respond but we just returned from Italy. We took a taxi from Stresa to Malpensa..the cost was 70 Euros. This was posted in most of the taxis we saw. Seems to be a standard fare. The ride on Sunday AM took 40 minutes. I would imagine it would take longer depending on the day and time.
Old Sep 17th, 2003, 12:51 PM
cmt
Original Poster

Thanks! Someone will need this info.

It turns out I'll be taying in Vigevano the last night, instead of in Stresa. I heard so much about the square in this little town that I decided to see it on my last afternoon and then spend the last night there. The distance to Malpensa from Vigevano is probably about the same. I might get a ride from a friend, or if not, I'll be looking into a combination of train to Milan and shuttle to airport, or taxi, depending on price.