Reload this Page >

Talking Dictionaries On-Line

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:04 AM
Ronda

OK, yes I have searched. Perhaps my skills are lacking. I can find lots of foreign language dictionaries but would like one that also pronounces the words for you. Anyone know of one? <BR><BR>I did purchase a French cd course by The Learning Company that had a talking dictionary but I would like to find a German one online.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:10 AM
Liz

There's one right here on Fodors. On the home page, click languages.

Old May 9th, 2002, 04:23 PM
Nancy

Try travlang.com I've used it for every trip to just get the basics and you can listen to the pronunciation. I then write it down phonetically. There are also little tests you can try.

Old May 9th, 2002, 05:54 PM
Ronda

Thanks, Liz, but I want to be able to look up specific words.<BR><BR>Nancy, I found the basic German travlang dictionary (it is very good - fast) but I don't see a dictionary that pronounces the words? I'm probably missing something.

Old May 10th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Nancy

You have to download the RealAudio to hear the sounds. When you get to the page where it asks you to select what kind of words you want, just above that is the download option highlight. Sorry, I forgot this as I have it already. Doesn't take long to do this. I think the program works very well. They have just single words and phrases. Hope this helps.