Take it with me!

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 03:53 PM
Michele

Take it with me!

Sorry, I am not a computer wiz, so I'm wondering how I can possibly print some of your excellent advise without printing the column on the left along with the responses?

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 03:58 PM
lee

highlight the responses you want to copy, left click your mouse and click print. Then check selected and ok.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 04:03 PM
Mel

Michele: Point your mouse over the first word in the section you wish to keep and, while holding down the left button on the mouse, press the Ctrl button on the keyboard. While holding both, scroll down, highlighting all the text you wish to keep. When it's all highlighted,let go of both. Point your mouse over "edit" in the menu and click on "copy." Now, open a clean page in Word. Next click on "edit" on the Word page, click on "paste" and, voila, your text is now in a Word document. Click on "file," "save as" and give your document a title. <BR>Suggestion: If you are gathering information on one topic and might want to add more (say, Paris Hotels), after hitting "save as" choose a file folder to name, name it, then insert your Word page of text into it. Then you can go back and add more pages as you get more information.<BR>I'm sorry if this is more elementary than you needed. I gave instructions based on your "not a computer whiz" statement.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 06:03 PM
mac user

Make your life easier - get a MAC.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:34 AM
Alice the Magyar

wow I just went to Walgreens and bought a pair of "Real Quite" form ear plugs comes with little case too. Upper left hand corner says Flents. 31 Decibels and woks great too. They were marked $2.99 but rang up $3.29, so I showed them it says $2.99 and I got them for $2.99 too.You must roll them like a cone, Very pleased with mine. I turned my stero up high to see if they worked. They did. Alice

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:37 AM
Alice the Magyar

I'm sorry, the post above was posted at wrong place. Alice

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:04 PM
xxx

Alternatives: Hit "reply" so you get a page wtih nothing but the relevant item on it. <BR><BR>Or copy the thread and paste it into a word processing document. This is actually practical, since you can format it to fill the page.