Search

Symi

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Symi

Off to Rhodes in a couple of weeks staying at the Avalon Boutique Hotel in the old town. Was planning to make a day trip to the nearby island of Symi. This gives us just 4 or 5 hours in the port area of Gialos and the old town of Chorio which is fine, but someone has told us that Symi is so beautiful that we really need to stay one night and explore a little more. It would mean paying for another hotel which is not a problem as it is not yet high season and accomodation is reasonably priced, but I want to make sure its worth the effort. Has anyone been to Symi and can advise as to whether it is as pretty as we have been lead to believe?
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM

Totally gorgeous. I did it as a day trip from Rodos and could have stayed longer. I got the local bus to Pedi which is where I got talking to some English people who had bought property there. No big hotels or tourists in sight. Go!
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 10:26 AM

Symi is a very beautiful island,you will not regret spending more than a few hours there!!
Especially when the day trippers are gone, the island becomes magical.....
We stayed at the Hotel Aliki, and spent 4 wonderful days
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 10:48 AM

I did Symi as a day trip and it was too short. Plus I got lost and almost missed the last boat back. If you can leave most of your luggage in Rhodes and do Symi as an overnight that would be great.
Old Apr 7th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Fabulous! Stay the night. go to. Symivisitor.com

Yipper
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 02:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We also did a day trip to Symi from Rhodes and could happily have stayed for a few days. The boat stopped first at the bay where the monastery is, which was lovely, then went round the island to the main harbour where we had a few hours, we had lunch and a decent walk (uphill, for the views) then had to hop back on the boat. One thing you might like to know, is that going back to Rhodes there was hardly any shade and it was very hot.

Kay
Old Apr 8th, 2012, 06:49 AM

Visited Symi ten years ago and still remember how absolutely beautiful and charming it was-still dream about going back some day. If you can, definitely go overnight, you will not regret it.