Switzerland visit

Old Apr 25th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Switzerland visit

Hi there:
We will be visiting Bern, Switzerland, for two days on late May of this year. I read that there is not much to see in Bern. Do you think that we could sightseen Bern in the morning and then go to Luzern or Interlaken in the afternoon and have super at either of this two cities.I will have to get back to Bern latter that day.
Please notice that I visited beautiful Luzern many year ago but I never experience Interlaken.
Any suggestion?
Thanks.
Norberto
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 08:37 AM

Bern has an extended historical centre, good for a general stroll and for some interesting visits.
Interlaken, I wouldn't visit if, even if they paid me for it. It is the region around Interlaken which is interesting, needing more than a day to visit...
I would do one day Bern and one day Luzern. You don't have time to go in the Interlaken region.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 09:03 AM

Good morning. Would go to Luzern and save Interlaken and the BO whenever you have more time. By rail to Luzern is just about one hour, it is the same time to Interlaken, howwever you have to change trains for another 30 min trip into Grindelwald or Interlaken. If you were going up the Jungfrau you can figue about a three hour one way trip. From the bahnhof in Luzern you can take the train or the boat to Alpnachstadt and take the incline railway up to Pilatus Kulm. There is
a fairly good ristrorante atop for lunch and then come back down via Kriens.
Approx. 4 hrs....leaving a little time
to visit the old town area...rjv
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 09:09 AM

a great day trip from Bern would be to take the train to nearby Thun (20 min) and then hop the lake boats to Interlaken - a wondrous ride on Lake Thun with the high glacier-girdled peaks rising above the lake. Lunch in Interlaken - a city i love but which upon quick glance many don't appreciate - be sure to see the Unterseen old part of town and walk along the quaint river with Lucerne-type wooden bridges - few of the mobs that transit Interlaken ever see this very lovely part of town. and return to Bern by train - 45 mins from Interlaken. Interlaken has a wide range of restaurants.
Old Apr 25th, 2006, 04:52 PM

t
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

A thanks note for all your help.
Now I have choices, either go for a lake trip to Thun and dinner at Interlaken or go straight to Luzern and have dinner there.
Good choices.
Thanks again.
Norberto