Switzerland in Dec

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Nischal

Switzerland in Dec

My wife and I are planning a 4 day trip to Switzerland around Dec 21-25th. We would like to go to one place only, do some sightseeing, walking(?) and just relax. Is Lucerne a good option? How cold will it be around that time? <BR> <BR>thanks, <BR>Nischal

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 10:55 PM
Ursula

Nischal hello! You will find a very nice pre-Christmas atmosphere in all Swiss cities. You should by no means miss the lights on the Bahnhofstrasse, it's like golden snow falling down. I absolutely love it. <BR>Both, Zurich and Lucerne are very nice for window-shopping, esp. before Christmas. You can visit both of them. By train, they are not even 1 h apart. <BR>Lucerne too is certainly a nice place before Christmas. Chris might be able to tell you better, but I think he leaves for Kenya today. <BR>Regarding weather, well, that is always difficult to predict. It can be slightly above 0C or some degrees under. Take a coat, gloves and a scarf for your wife and good weatherproof shoes, if it should be wet or even have snow, which I doubt however. <BR>You should have a very nice time. Go for a hot chocolate or hot wine and have a fondue or raclette. Those a real winter dishes. <BR>Enjoy!

Old Oct 18th, 2001, 11:04 PM
Ursula

PS: Forgot to mention: Bahnhofstrasse in Zurich!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 08:19 AM
s

Nischal, <BR> <BR>I think you'll have a great time in Lucerne -- it's convenient to Zurich, as Ursula notes, as well as Berne and the mountain villages of the Berner Oberland (but maybe not yet covered in snow???). I think it would be ideal for walks around the lakes visiting the villages -- which I've scheduled for a future trip! For lots of detailed and comprehensive information & links on Switzerland in general, have you found these websites? <BR> <BR>www.twenj.com/swissvisit.htm <BR>www.myswitzerland.com <BR> <BR>I think either website will have more information on weather & trends, etc. <BR> <BR>Good luck! <BR> <BR>s <BR>

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 04:40 PM
Nischal

Thanks for writing back. This is really good information. <BR> <BR>- Nischal