Reload this Page >

Switzerland for 2 days, need help!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 01:30 PM
jiggali

Hi everybody,<BR>First time in Switzerland, please help!! My husband and I will arrive on Geneva this Dec 29th around 10:30 AM via TGV from Paris. And we will leave Switzerland on Dec 31st from Zurich airport. What should we plan our trip? Right now we have the Swiss flexipass for 3 days in our hand but not plan the place to stay yet. Our roughly plan is Geneva-Interlaken-Luzern-Zurich. Which place we should spend a night/nights?<BR>Thank you very much. <BR>

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Frank

It may have been cheaper to buy a regular ticket. Here's a possible plan:<BR><BR>Dec 29 10:30 arrive Geneva<BR>Dec 29 12:00 check into hotel<BR>Dec 29 12:30-9:00 see Geneva,eat dinner<BR><BR>Dec 30 morning: train to Zurich/check into hotel<BR>Dec 30 afternoon: see Zurick<BR><BR>Dec 31: leisurely breakfast, go to airport.<BR><BR>You have very little time!

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Linda

Here is one idea: Spend first day and night in Vevey or Montreux (visit the castle), the next day - train to Lausaunne (about 30 mins.) and explore, then train to Bern. Bern has a wonderful museum and is a lovely city. Spend the night in Zurich and with whatever time you have the next day, explore downtown Zurich before heading to the airport.<BR><BR>An alternative would be go directly to Grindelwald for a night, and then on to Luzern and ultimately, Zurich. Even going this route, I would skip Interlaken (other than the train station). Its beauty does not compare to Grindelwald.<BR><BR>Watching the Amazing Race go thru Germany, Austria and Switzerland these last two weeks has made me ache for Switzerland again. To me, Grindelwald was the most incredible of the places we have seen in our limited travels to Europe.<BR><BR>Good luck and have fun.

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 07:55 PM
jiggali

Thank you for yours replys. But I have a little curious, Is it really worth if I will visit &quot;the top of Europe&quot; Jungfrajouch on DEc 30th?<BR>jiggali

Old Dec 5th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Lynn

Jiggali<BR><BR>I think you should choose what you want to see in Switzerland, mountains or towns or lakes and stick to that theme. Frank has given you a town theme (although I think you could get another town in there, like Lucerne or Bern), and Linda a lake and a Mountain theme. RE the Jungfraujoch, I really enjoyed our trip. It is expensive and it is almost a full day getting up, down and wandering around up the top. However it is an experience that you cannot really get anywhere else. Be careful though, with your short time period if it is cloudy on the day you want to go up, you wont see very much at all. If I was making your decisions, I would take the train trips around the Lake that Linda suggests and include a visit to Chillon, a castle on the lake on the 29th and 30th, staying overnight in Montreux or Lausanne. At around midday on the 30th I would head off to Lucerne or Bern and vist around the town spend the night and then go to Zurich on the 31st and spend whatever time you have left looking around the old town in Zurich.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 08:56 AM
jetset

Jiggali:<BR><BR>I agree with Linda, BERN - do not miss to visit this medieval place!<BR>

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 12:03 AM
jiggali

Hmm. if I visit Bern, I will miss the goldenpass line scenic train. Should I skip this scenic train and head to BERN instead? <BR>jiggali