Search

SWITZERLAND

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 1998, 06:41 PM
JACK BAMBURY

SWITZERLAND

LANDING GENEVA & TRAVELING TO GRINDENWALD AND ZERMATT BEFORE GOING BACK TO GENEVA FOR A CONVENTION. CAN YOU STORE LUGGAGE IN LOCKERS IN GENEVA ARPT? IS THE GLACIER EXPRESS WORTH TAKING FOR SIGHTSEEING? WHAT ARE SOME GOOD SIGHTS GOING FROM INTERLOCKEN TO ZERMATT BY CAR? APPRECIATE ANY COMMENTS. <BR>

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 10:07 AM
Rudy

<BR>You will have a great time. Grindlewald is touristy but much much better than Interlachen. The other side of the ridge from Grindlewald is the Lauterbrunnen Valley with terrific sites and easy train access to the Jungfrau which is a must see.

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 01:14 PM
Richard Vicek

Good afternoon, Jack <BR>Grindelwald is a good place to stay, you have access to the Kleine Scheidegg, and up the Jungfrau. The Gondolas to Grindelwald First., Gondolas up to Mannlichen and the cable car down to Wengen, the Wengenbahn then down Lauterbrunnen..Lauterbrunnen up to Murren, Schlithorn, Trummelbach Falls, you can drop a couple of days with no problem in the BO. <BR>The Glacier Express runs from Zermatt to St. Moritz, <BR>they sometimes run three sections, each direction every day. The trip one way takes about eight hours. <BR>Reservations for this train and seperate dining car reservations are required. Here are a couple of web sites to surf. www.sbb.ch/online.htm----- <BR>www.berneroberland.ch/.....www.schlithorn.ch/..... <BR>http://www.grindelwald.ch/....www.ju...w.stmoritz.ch/.... <BR>http://www.holidaynet.ch/zwalk.....w...rmatt.....Have a good trip, Richard of Hickory Hills.

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 01:25 PM
Richard Vicek

Good afternoon, Jack #2 <BR>Going to Grindelwald and Zermatt I think are best by rail. You can check long term luggage in any railway station. The Glacier Express is a good one time deal but if you spend the next day returning over the same route??? The is very good scenery between Interlaken and Zermatt, by car, I beleive you have to place the car on a railroad car to get thru one of the tunnels. in order to get to Brig. Would suggest you check with www.autooverlad.ch/ which is the BLS Car Transport info. Would strongly suggest rail all the way, and also you have to leave a car at Tasch, as vehicles are not allowed in Zermatt. <BR>Richard of Hickory Hills.

Old Jun 27th, 1998, 05:58 AM
Bob DeVito

Just returned from Switz.The Berner Oberland area was fantastic.Highly recommend parking your car in Lauterbrunnen[cheap]for a couple of days.We stayed in Wengen[no cars]at the Alpenrose Hoteland wanted to never leave can't wait to go back

Old Jun 30th, 1998, 06:50 PM
JACK BAMBURY

<BR>RUDY, DICK & BOB: THANKS FOR THE INFO. <BR>WILL LET YOU KNOW (GREAT OR FANTASTICALLY GREAT) AS TO HOW THE TRIP WENT.

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 04:57 PM
Rudy

Jack, I also agree with Bob . We stayed in Wengen also, and even my kids still talk about the Jungfrau. What a great place! Bye

Old Jul 1st, 1998, 04:57 PM
Rudy

Jack, I also agree with Bob . We stayed in Wengen also, and even my kids still talk about the Jungfrau. What a great place! Bye

Old Jul 2nd, 1998, 12:30 PM
Keith

Spent Spring Break in Gridelwald with our 12 year old daughter. We travelled by train from Zurich. Very efficient and scenic when you get close to Interlaken. We loved the place. Magnificent scenery, people, and food. Stayed at the Hotel Eiger which I highly recommend, especially their family rooms. Their dining room is also excellent. One "Don't Miss" is the train to Jungfrau. I envy you your trip.