Search

Swiss Vignette

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:18 AM
Digital Traveler

Swiss Vignette

When and where will it be neccesary for me to acquire a vignette. We will be crossing into Switzerland from France at Col des Roches. Is it only required for highway travel? Are there booths just past the border crossing? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:37 AM
Rex

I don't know this particular entry point, but at other lcoations in Switzerland the vignette "checkpoint" was essentially right at the border crossing, and they point you to where to buy it before you proceed any further.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 09:42 AM
mpprh

Hi<BR><BR>You can (must ?) buy at the border on the autoroute. If you are just in and out don't use the autoroute if you can avoid it.<BR><BR>We once crossed by a minor road, then didn't see anywhere to buy it when we rejoined the autoroute.<BR><BR>So, it was dark, and we crossed Switzerland without the vignette.<BR><BR>I don't recommend it, just say it is possible !<BR><BR>Peter

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 10:10 AM
Digital Traveler

Thanks!<BR><BR>Rex, <BR>Just for clarification, Col des Roches is near Neuchatel. and from what I can tell from Michelin is not on an Autoroute, however we will be required to take atleast one so I am hoping there is a "check point". As always, you're help is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Peter, <BR>Thanks much. Hopefully there will be a place to buy at the border as I am not as risky as you. <BR><BR>Peter,<BR>

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 11:55 AM
Florence

Most borders crossings between France and Switzerland are unmanned now but you can buy the vignette at any (manned) gas station and in post offices. <BR><BR>You need it only on the highways. Ask the rental agency in France if they can get the vignette for you beforehand.

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 01:45 PM

topping<BR>