Reload this Page >

Swiss House Hotel v. Green Court Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 06:56 AM
Elizabeth

Please help me decide between these two hotels! I have searched the forum for Swiss House and read many positive comments. However, a search for Green Court revealed nothing. Does anyone have experience with this hotel? It's 45 pounds as opposed to 78 for Swiss House. My daughter and I will be in London 3/25 -- 3/30, and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's hints and reviews on the forum. Any comments re: these hotels are very much appreciated!

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 07:12 AM
Michele

Elizabeth: <BR>I am also interested in Swiss House. We are trying to choose between that and a place called 5 Sumner Place. One is clearly less expensive than the other and I'm torn. My daughter and I are going this June for our first trip to London and have no idea what to expect. If you have any websites that reference Swiss House, will you send them along? The only site I saw showed a picture of the front door only and no pictures of the rooms. <BR>I hope you get some replies! Michele

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 07:30 AM
Elizabeth

Michele, I hope you and your daughter have a wonderful time, as I'm sure you will! I simply can't wait to go! When I did a search for Swiss House on this forum, I got a lot of hits and one of them referenced the fact that the Swiss House does not have any photos of the rooms, just the outside, but the reply to that post stated that it was a very nice B&B and the rooms were fine (although small, which seems to be the standard). I'm also torn between "very nice" and basically having a safe, clean place to lay our heads! For anyone else who might reply re: Green Court Hotel, I apologize for not listing the address, it's 52 Hogarth Road. Thanks all!

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 08:52 AM
ron

Elizabeth, here is an Internet trip report mentioning the Green Court: <BR>http://srthompson.home.mindspring.com/srt01.htm <BR> <BR>I think you should assume that price is an accurate measure of quality in this case, and £45 for a double, in the Earl's Court, warns me to expect a dump.

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 12:05 PM
Elizabeth

Thanks, Ron, for the site, it was great and I have decided to keep my reservations at the Swiss House. I have bookmarked the link to peruse at length when I'm not at work!

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 03:54 PM
dru

Elizabeth, I am booked at the Swiss House Hotel in May. Since you will be there before me, if you have a chance can you drop a line (either on this forum or directly) & let me know what you thought? Thanks in advance & have a great time. Dru

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 07:04 PM
Michele

Elizabeth, Please add me to your list! We have tentative plans for a large twin room....check out all the rooms that you can! I'm going after Dru..

Old Feb 23rd, 2000, 08:36 AM
Elizabeth

Will do. After the enjoyment I've received reading Fodorites responses, it's the least I can do!