I'm hoping someone with insight into work visas / vacation visas can help.
I wish this was shorter, but trust me, I made this as short as I could.
- I'm American, and was hired by a Swedish temp agency to work for a Swedish firm. The idea was 'try him out to see if he's *lagom* and if he is out let's hire him.'
- After six months, I was offered the permanent job. I took it and canceled my agency contract.
- I turns out my visa was overlooked during the hiring process. Nobody thought to re-apply to match my new employer. We discovered this after I'd been accidentally working illegally in Sweden for several months.
- We notified Migrationsverket as soon as we found out. I immediately left the country while they tried to fix my visa. So, we did our best once we knew.
- Migrationsverket denied me a new work visa. The sense we're getting is Migrationsverket is really pissed at my hiring company and refuses to believe the whole screw-up was in good faith. We appealed, but it's been stalled for months.
- Due to all of this, and no sign of it working out, I'm leaving the company.
Still with me? Thanks for hanging on.
I LOVE Sweden, I have an apartment in Stockholm (talk about winning the lottery), several incredibly good friends, etc. - my whole life is there. I'm trying my hardest to get back in. (Hell, Jag studerade svenska på SFI i fyra månader. My hope was to someday become fluent.)
I'm in a hot field (software UX), and I'm getting a bunch of interest from companies all over Sweden, so I don't think finding a job will be a problem. I just don't know if I *can* get back in.
Am I banned from Sweden for a while, or maybe even forever?
Is this whole thing a mark on me, or on my company?
If I fly into Arlanda with a round-trip ticket out of Sweden and a list of invites to job interviews, will I be stopped and told to leave?
Is the flood of asylum refugees making this whole thing a fool's errand?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO Password Reset Contact 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care 24/7
- 2 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 3 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 4 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 5 Current plan for March trip
- 6 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 7 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 8 Dublin for St. Patricks Day
- 9 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 beware of robbed in Milan
- 13 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 14 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 15 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 16 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 17 First time in Spain
- 18 where to buy baby gifts in paris?
- 19 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 20 Once upon a time in Italy
- 21 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 22 GTG Paris December 2017
- 23 Paris November 2017
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017