Reload this Page >

sweater in July - really???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 09:53 AM
sneezy

will be in Tuscany last 2 weeks in July...tell me true - should I even bother to pack a sweater? even long sleeved t-shirts??

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 10:27 AM
sandi

I barely needed a sweater in early Nov. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to pack an all-purpose one but doubt you'll need it.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 12:27 PM
Paule

We were there during July 2 summers ago, and we had a few days of cooler-than-average weather, and I did wear a long-sleeved shirt during the day. A light sweather or long-sleeved shirt would be a smart thing to bring.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Alec

When I went to Tuscany in August one year, the day temperature in Florence never dropped below 80F. But when I went up in the Apennines, in Umbria, it felt quite cool in the woods and needed a wrap or a light sweater (may be mid- 50's). So it depends where you go. So if you are going to stay in cities and in Chianti region all you need is summer shirts, though if you feel the chill you may find something that covers your arms useful at night.

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 04:36 PM
Debbie

Sneezy- You should certainly take a sweater,just in case for cool evenings but also to put on when going into a cathedral or duomo- you must have your arms covered. I wore sleeveless most of the time but always had that sweater over my shoulders or in my bag.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 07:56 PM
Judy

Once I was in Milano at the end of June,the weather suddenly turned so chilly that I had to buy wool sweater,it was around 10C during day time.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 07:59 PM
dan

Last July we encountered cold, blustery and showery weather while in Chianti in mid July. Wish we had a sweater as one could not be found at any price. Locals did say that weather was very unusual. Another example of Murphy's Law! <BR> <BR>Dan

Old Feb 16th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Nancy

More than likely you won't need anything heavy -- odds of hitting those "cooler" temps are pretty slim. HOWEVER, do bring a long sleeved (light weight!) cardigan to cover up when going into a church -- wearing sleeveless shirts (and shorts) will prevent you from entering any of the churches.