Super shuttle from Orly

Search

Super shuttle from Orly

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super shuttle from Orly

I'm planning on taking the SuperShuttle to my hotel from Orly. I know I can reserve online but when I clear baggage claim, am I going to have to call them to know I have arrived? I emailed them but got no response to my questions, just advice to reserve on line....and how far ahead should I reserve for a shared ride?
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 05:44 PM

The fact that your email has not been answered should be an indicator.

Simply take a taxi from the taxi queue just steps from baggage claim. About 30€ to most addresses in Paris.
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 05:48 PM

I should mention that you can take the Orlybus to Denfert Rochereau for 6.60€, or the Orlyval/RER/Métro to any station in Paris for 10.25€.

Also Air France runs a bus for 11.50€ to Montparnasse, les Invalides, or Arc de Triomphe.

Any of the above options will get you to your hotel much faster than taking a shared ride shuttle.
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM

To answer your Supershuttle question, a friend's relative took them a few months ago and had no problem. I don't know why they haven't answered your e-mail, maybe they're back logged. Anyhow, there are a lot of shuttle companies in Paris. I'll be taking www.parishuttle.com. I used to take www.airport-connection.com, but Supershuttle has recently bought them out.

When I've taken shuttles, of which I've been taking for well over a decade in Paris, I have always called the toll free number upon arrival and then have been instructed as to which door to go to and the shuttle service will then come for the pick up. It takes some patience as it is a shuttle service and not a private car service. But, since I'm one person, I don't mind a little patience in order to save the amount of money that I save over a taxi. And over the decades, I've also taken the RER and the bus.

I'm not in any big hurry to get to my destination anyway as in when I used to stay at hotels and had early morning arrivals into Paris, the hotel room wasn't ready until around 2PM. So, I saw no need to rush to my hotel. Now, that I rent an apartment, and already have the key before leaving home, I arrive when I arrive. Again, no personal need to rush. I've also met some really interesting passengers in the shuttles.

In 2009, a Parisian friend and I took a taxi, from CDG to his apartment in the north end of the 10th and it was a little over 50 Euros. We were two, so splitting it wasn't that bad. But, I have paid as much as 60 Euros in a taxi, from CDG, to get to where I needed to go in Paris. Taxis have meters, shuttles don't and buses and the RER don't drop one in front of one's hotel or rented apartment. So, it all depends on what one's needs are. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 10:14 PM

Forgot to mention, that I know that you're landing at Orly, so the transportation is less. I've also landed at Orly in the past. However, this topic of discussion comes up a lot, however usually from CDG. So, the info is out there for those who may be reading. Happy Travels!
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 11:43 PM

As first-timer to Paris with checked baggage, I decided we would take the taxi and not risk the whole shuttle scene. We arrived on Sunday, found a taxi with no problem (a Mercedes, to boot!) and there wasn't much traffic at all. It was around 50e, which was about the same we would have paid for a shuttle (3 of us). However, leaving tomorrow I'm determined to save a few euros and take the RER now that I feel comfortable using it. As many have posted, I think it just depends on your comfort level and when you arrive (weekday v. weekend, rush hour, etc.).
Old Apr 9th, 2011, 11:47 PM

Agree with Sarastro, for two or more take a taxi. Last time in Paris we were four aduts, 3 bags, one child, one stroller. Taxi from Orly to the 6th nr the river was 32 €, including tip.

We didn't consider other transport but I did notice one buses' rates were 11.50 € pp.
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 12:17 AM

You may or may not have to cll on arrival. Shuttle-Inter is waiting for you outside of customs with a sign wth your name on it. I was a confirmed taxi user until our last trip when we were caught in a huge trafic jam. I thanked God we were using a shuttle as I could hear that taxi meter ticking. I know the Metro or bus can be cheaper but stairs in metro and RER starions then finding a taxi to apt.or hote ,makes it not worth the difference in cost to me. I do nt like shared shuttle though. Had one experience when it took forever to get to CDG>
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all so much for your responses......my questions have been answered....what a savvy group!
Old Apr 10th, 2011, 09:51 AM

Just remember, patience is the key as no form of transportation is foolproof. I've been stuck in a broken down RER train on the way to CDG and then when I finally got out, had to rush to find a taxi for the rest of the way. Also in 2009, my reserved taxi never showed up at my Parisian friend's apartment to take me to CDG to catch my flight home. We were out on the sidewalk waiting for a good half an hour and this was after reconfirming the pick up. I've also gotten to the buses at the airport and they have been full and then I've had to wait for another one. So, just have a plan B. I personally have had no problems with the shuttles and have taken many different companies and for a very long time. Happy Travels!