Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Super fast ferries from Naples to Palermo?

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:01 PM
x

Are there any? I did internet research and it seems like they all take 10 hours. Are there quicker ones? What lines?

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Maria

Yes, there is a hydrofoil. I believe it takes about 4 hours. I took the overnight ferry a couple of years ago from Palermo to Naples and did not like it. We ended up flying back to Palermo because I wouldn't get back onto the ship.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:03 AM
x

Does anyone know the line that has the 4 hour hydrofoil? I went to what I thought was hydrofoil websites, and they still stated 10 hours.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Steve James

Snavali SiciliaJet<BR>(Naples-Palermo)<BR>www.snavali.com<BR><BR>Only operates in summer I believe.<BR><BR>Hope this helps ...<BR><BR>Steve

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Steve James

More info also on:<BR>www.ustica.it/SiciliaJet.htm<BR><BR>It's a seasonal service April-October.<BR>Departs Naples 16.30.<BR>Arrives Palermo 20.30 app<BR><BR>Steve

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:28 AM
gac

I have a posting on this site on the daylight SNAV catamaran service from Naples to Palermo: 4.5 hours from late April to early October. It is a catamaran, not a hydrofoil, and it carries automobiles as well.<BR>www.snavali.com

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Geoff Hamer

Both SNAV and Tirrenia run overnight ships from Napoli to Palermo. The fast ferry only runs in summer. Tirrenia's ships were built in 1999/2000 and are big so should be pretty comfortable. SNAV's ships are older but also have pretty good accommodation. Try www.snav.it and www.tirrenia.it.