Reload this Page >

Sunset time in Paris in May?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 01:16 AM
Anna

I'll be in Paris in late may and I was wondering what the sunset time is around then - is it around 8pm? Also will be in Rome, London during early June.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 01:51 AM
KieranB

The following site lists times for major cities around the world http://www.sunrisesunset.com/

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 05:51 AM
lisa

Without checking the website listed above, I was in Paris last year in late May and remember being surprised that it stayed light out so late. Definitely much later than 8 pm. I seem to recall that it didn't get dark until after 9:30. It made for great long days!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Howard

If you wait until tomorrow, that above-cited website will probably have the sunrise and sunset info for the entire month of May.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Monica

Howard, click on CUSTOM and pick Paris/May. No need to wait till tomorrow!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:04 AM
lisa

That's a great site. The answer is: during the last week of May, the sun will set between 9:37 & 9:44 pm. That's about what I remember too.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Howard

Monica, thanks for the info. Sometimes my lack of seeing things astounds me!(I'm taking your restaurant recommendations with me to Paris next week. Thanks for the postings!)

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Monica

Hey Howard, maybe I'll bump into you at one of my favorite restaurants! I'm flying to Paris on the 8th.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Beth

When we were there the first week of June last year, it didn't get really dark until around 10 pm -- I was really surprised, although I knew that it would be light later than on the East Coast of the US. It was great -- really gave a lot more time to walk and tour around.