Reload this Page >

Sunday and Monday in Madrid-Any Suggestions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 05:12 AM
Electra

I will have all day Sunday and Monday, October 28 and 29th in Madrid. I know the museums are closed on Monday. Can anyone help me plan my days. I hope to go to the Prado on Saturday afternoon and Sunday. <BR> <BR>Also, are there bullfights during this days? <BR> <BR>If I am free in the evenings- where can I see Flamenco dancing? <BR> <BR>Any suggestions would be appreciated. <BR> <BR>Electra

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 08:25 AM
b

We'll be in Madrid early November. Sunday morning schedule definatly will be the Rastro morning market. Bullfights I think are closed from October (Sundays only). What about an excursion to Segovia? Rent a car and go main road to Burgos, turn left when you reach the Segovia sign, have a stop in the extraordinary village Pedraza and lunch in Segovia before returning to Madrid either directly or via (Valley of the fallen) and Escorial. <BR>You'll have a marvellous trip. Be sure to stay central when in Madrid. <BR>Bjorn, Oslo

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 03:14 AM
scott i.

Just returned from a trip to Spain and spent 3 days in Madrid. Firstly, it is a fantastic city and don't let any of the chat room talk about safety deter you. We felt absolutely safe and did not encounter any crime. Just be cautious. <BR>Consider staying at the Tryp Ambassador. A lovely location and good value. <BR>Would do the Prado, Reina Sofia, and perhaps Thyssen museums on Sunday. 3 in one day may be much but Monday museums are closed. Take a tour of the Royal Palace (very close to the Tryp Ambassador.) Sunday morning at the Rastro flea market is a must. Also a stamp and coin market in the Plaza Mayor. <BR>For flamenco we went to Casa Patas, a renowned flamenco venue. It was a highlight of our trip and I recommend you go there! Have fun...

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 04:10 AM
Maribel

Electra, <BR>I'll just second Scott's rec. of Casa Patas, the best venue in Madrid for genuine, authentic flamenco. I'm not sure that they have performances on Sun, but you can check their schedule at www.casapatas.com <BR>I also like the area around the Tryp Ambassador, near Madrid's prettiest square, the Plaza del Oriente-agree with Scott about the great location! If you don't want to do a museum marathon on Sun., you can save the Centro de Arte Reina Sofia until Mon. It's open from 10 to 9. The Prado is free on Sun. and open 9-2. The Thyssen, open 10-7. <BR>But the bullfighting season will have come to a close by the 28th. <BR>Also strolling through Retiro Park and renting a paddle boat on the Estanque is a favorite Sun. morning pastime for Madrid families. <BR>Have fun!

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 10:08 AM
Topper

ttt

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 10:19 AM
Rachel

What is a good rate for the Tryp Ambassador. I am going to be there from Sept. 29 - Oct. 3.

Old Sep 5th, 2001, 10:20 AM
Rachel

What is a good price to pay for the Tryp Ambassador in late Sept., early October.?