Summer in Venice

Search

Summer in Venice

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Summer in Venice

Message: For those of you who have been to Venice during the months of June, July and August, please tell me about your experiences with the tremendous amounts of tourists. We were there in the month of April and enjoyed whatever crowds there were. If we visit during the summer, what can we expect? Also, we stayed near San Marco and wondered which area would be a good choice next time? Any suggestions? Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 09:28 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Galleria in Dosodoro (sp?) and liked it very much. Had a very small room BUT with a view of the Grand Canal and the Accademia bridge. An excellent way to spend a first time in Venice.

We paid $125 but were there in off season so it's probably more like $200 in the high time.
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 07:27 AM
rex

I've been to Venice in mid-June, and one other time, June 30-July 2. Neither time did the crowds ruin the magic of Venice. I've seen them quite similar in September.

Of course, I am a strong believer that the two best hours of the day in Venice are the first hour after you awaken (don't even go to breakfast or shower - - sunrise is the best) - - and the last hour before you go to bed.

Not "available" to day-trippers.

Best wishes,

Rex
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 09:17 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I have been to Venice twice, both times in August. I had only wonderful experiences. It was very hot and sure there were lots of people, but not that ruined it for me. I also like the Dosoduro (and am not sure of the spelling either). I stayed at Penione La Calcina.
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 06:46 PM
rex

Here is your earlier post; perhaps you posted the same question again because you were not aware that you can find THIS previous post - - you just click on your own name.
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 03:57 AM

Our last trip to Venice was in mid-June. We visited the most popular sights before the daytrippers arrived or after they left; crowds weren't a problem.