Suggestions for Provence in June

Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Suggestions for Provence in June

Hi all, I have the opportunity to vacation in France for about 4 nights in June, and would like to visit Provence. I'm looking for ideas on where to go in this short time-period. Any insider tips would be appreciated.

FYI, my husband and I are mid-budget, adventerous travelers in our early 30s. I do speak passable French.

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:22 AM

It is a wonderful area. See these places:

- Pont du Gard
- Avignon
- Arles
- Nimes
- Orange
- Vaison-la-Romaine
- Les Antiques
- Les Baux
- Aigues-Mortes
- Camargue
- Mont Ventoux
- Abbaye de Senanque

You may stay anywhere in the area. If you prefer a city, Avignon would be a good choice, if you prefer the countryside, St. Remy, Les Baux or any other place in the region.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:30 AM

A friend and I spent two weeks last June exploring the many hillside villages of Provence. If I only had four days, I would stay in Bonnieux (an hour drive from Avignon train station) It's central and you will see and do a lot from there in four days. If you'd care to see my photos and read my journal, send me your e-mail address. I'd be happy to share.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:31 AM

A friend and I spent two weeks last June exploring the many hillside villages of Provence. If I only had four days, I would stay in Bonnieux (an hour drive from Avignon train station) It's central and you will see and do a lot from there in four days. If you'd care to see my photos and read my journal, send me your e-mail address. I'd be happy to share. My email [email protected]
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:34 AM

Although we enjoyed Arles and Avignon, we found the Luberon area to be the most scenic. All the hill towns in the Luberon are wonderful, and the valley is a patchwork of vinyards.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM

If your timing is towards the end of June, you'll get to see the lavender fields in bloom. There are some in the area of Bonnieux and, of course, throughout the Luberon and the Vaucluse.

You should have the use of a car...