Reload this Page >

Suggestions for Nice?

Search

Suggestions for Nice?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 04:40 PM
RICK

Suggestions for Nice?

Hello All: Hope to spend a few days in Nice during February. Would appreciate recommendations for lodging and casual itinerary. Thanks!

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 08:44 PM
John H

Rick, <BR><BR>Six of us stayed at Le Grimaldi in Nice in September and really enjoyed the hotel and the location (easy 3 walk to the pedestrian zone, 15 minutes to the heart of the old town, perhaps 5 minutes to the waterfront). Their superior doubles were very good size and had very large, modern bathrooms (separate shower and tub). Nice breakfast and bar area.<BR><BR>Rates under $125-160 for superior doubles, $90-140 for standard doubles, depending on season.<BR><BR>Check out: www.le-grimaldi.com<BR><BR>Happy travels.<BR><BR>John H.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:28 PM
J. Medicin

<BR><BR>If you'd like to rent a car while you're there, I'd highly recommed a drive along one of the upper corniche roads to Monaco then on to Menton, near the border with Italy. Great curves and great views. Eze Village, a picturesque perched village, is on the way to Monaco on the middle corniche road.<BR><BR>By bus, you could visit both St.Paul-de-Vence and Vence, two villages in the hills behind Nice which are close to each other and very picturesque. Vence has a lovely walled old town. <BR><BR>Another place, to the west of Nice, that has a nice old town, is Antibes, and you can take the train or bus there. <BR><BR>Villefranche, very close to Nice, to the east, is accessible by train and bus and has a very picturesque port setting. <BR><BR>Nice also has a nice old town and it's well worth spending some time wandering around in the narrow streets with colorful buildings. <BR><BR>Bon Voyage!

Old Dec 7th, 2002, 01:43 PM
Julie

Rick, <BR>You don't mention price range, but we stayed at the Windsor Hotel and it was very nice and reasonably priced. Walking distance from the train station and beach and promenade.<BR><BR>If you like art, Nice and the area nearby have excellent musuems--Chagall, Picasso, Matisse, Renior, to name but a few. There are also excellent websites--some will even mail you material including maps-try eurotrip.com, or FranceKeys.com.

Old Dec 8th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Rick

Thanks for the generous information!!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 08:24 AM
Kelley

I agree with a post above on Eze. My husband and I stayed in Eze for one night at the Chateau D'Orr. It was the coolest thing on our honeymoon (we stayed at the Ritz in Paris as well). Being a history buff, it was the neatest thing to be staying inside a real medieval town!! If you can't get a night in there, at least go there a few hours to see the village. It is really cool!!