Suggestions for Milan

Apr 15th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Kristina

Suggestions for Milan

We are heading to Athens in July and are staying in Milan for three days on the way. Any suggestions as to great shopping/dining areas in Milan?

This is out first time.

Thanks in advance

-Kris

Apr 15th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Julie

Kristina, As far as restaurants go, when we last stayed in Milan we were referred to the following 2 places and thought they were wonderful:

Hostaria Borromei
Via Borromei, 4
20123 Milano, Italy
02/86.45.37.60 ph
A traditional Milanese trattoria but located in near the center - close to the Duomo(closed Saturday and Sunday?)

Matarel (Moderate)
Corso Garibaldi 75
Milano, Italia
011-39-02-65-42-04 phone
Another traditional Milanese trattoria but located in the Brera quarter (on the Northern edge).

Although shopping is one the big things to do in Milan, I'm embarrassed to admit that I've never succumbed. Hopefully someone else will be able to point you in the right direction. I'm a huge fan of the Duomo there (you have to go to the roof - unlike anyplace else you'll ever see) and I was glad that I finally saw "The Last Supper".

Enjoy!

Apr 15th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Howard

Make sure you stop at the La Scala Museum. Unfortunately, the opera house is closed for restoration, but the museum is still open.
Also, if you're in Milan on a Sunday, spend time at one of the ourdoor cafes in the Duomo area.

Apr 15th, 2002, 06:04 PM
Tony

Suggestions for Milan?
Leave town - the quicker the better.

Apr 16th, 2002, 09:17 AM
Wendy

When you are at the Duamo be sure to climb up to the rooftop. Even if it is a cloudy day (as it was when I was there) it is amazing to see the detail on the spires.

Apr 16th, 2002, 04:40 PM
miriam

Hi,

Must visit Peck's -greatest delicatessen and for shopping go to Corso Buenos Aires((atually a Street Name) - you find really nice stores without the tourist prices.