Suggestions for 3 days in France?

Apr 12th, 2004, 12:24 PM
Original Poster

Suggestions for 3 days in France?

I have 3 days to see the best of France, and I wanted some help. I have already planned for one day/night in Paris, and will end up in Florence, Italy via a night train. Any suggestions???

I am more intersted in Southern France.
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:28 PM

Stick to Paris and fly to Italy. The best outside Paris depends on the individual. You say that you are interested in southern France, but I suspect you mean the Provence. Southern France is a little bigger than that.
Apr 12th, 2004, 01:41 PM

If you want to see anything of Provence you are really going to have to skip Paris. With 3 days there just isn't time to do Provence as well. From Paris you could fly to Marseille and spend 3 days in the area of the Alpilles, St-Rémy, and Arles (Arles is very much old Provence). Then you could fly from Marseille to Paris to catch the night train to Florence.

But you wouldn't really have time to see much of Provence, and the joy of the area is taking life easy.
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:19 PM

If you can do Paris in one day, you can do Provence in two. It looks like you just want a feel for an area. Perhaps you can go back later for an extended stay.

For just two days, you might want to spend it in one place. For example, you could spend two days in Arles and soak up Provence. Or you could do the same in Aix en Provence. Arles is a smaller town. Aix is very much a city.

If you're up for an adventure, spend the two days in a B&B out in the country and hike in the Provence countryside, eating in little villages.

Whatever you do, please go back for a longer visit. Provence isn't just a destination; it's a way of life to be slowly enjoyed.

I hope you have a great trip.
Apr 12th, 2004, 03:32 PM

Languedoc & Roussillon are also Southern France and different but just as good to visit as Provence.
The Gard, which is Nimes and Avignon are technically not Provence but are the South and worth a visit. Read about the different areas so you'll know where youy would like better.
No bad choices, just different.