suggest a small group tour

Feb 14th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

suggest a small group tour

Can anyone suggest a small tour group that would give us some free time? 6 family members would like to go to Italy for 10 days in January (all over 18) I do not want to plan and make reservations myself. Thanks for the help
Feb 14th, 2007, 11:08 AM
jgg

I would suggest you contact Megan with Bella Vita Italia (www.bellavitaitalia.com). We used her for a daytrip to Cinque Terre and did the Cooking Class. She also helped us plan the Liguria, Piemonte, and Tuscany portions of our trip. She was excellent. She advertises herself as your "personal concierge" to Italy. She could definitely help you plan and make all the reservations and give you guided tours when you wanted them and free time when you needed it. She is an American who has been living in Italy for several years and just married her Italian beau Luigi this Oct.!
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:54 PM

www.girasole.com/italy-tours.html

My neighbors used this group for a family trip to Italy and had their best European trip ever! We plan to use this company on our next visit to Italy.
Feb 14th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Cancel that link!!! I spelled wrong.

Try www.girosole.com/italy-tours.html
Feb 18th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

thanks so much for the help
Feb 18th, 2007, 10:42 AM

We had great tours with Context Rome, english-speaking Phd's. Had a Phd in architechure show us Palentine Hill, colliseum and forum for instance. We did ones to Vatican, Pompeii, and one in Florence too. The only one that wasn't as good as the others was the ancient Rome tour. We wanted more time at the Pantheon. They also gave us wonderful recommendations for restaurants. We plan to use them again in the future. We also used Luca at Hills and Roads to pick the 2 of us up in Rome (he had a van for more if needed) and take us through Tuscany, overnight in Siena and on to Florence. We are going on a cruise and he is going to take us on a day trip to Pisa, Lucca and wine tasting.