Stuttgart - worth visiting?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:17 AM
snorkelman

Stuttgart - worth visiting?

is there anything that the average college-aged tourist would find interesting in Stuttgart? I have heard that the Mercedes-Benz Museum is the only thing that is worth seeing in this city.

Is that true?

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:46 AM
Bob

I was stationed in Stuttgart right after graduation from college and being drafted in the Army.

As a place to live, Stuttgart was great. As things to see for a tourist, limited. Mercedes and Porsche have museums plus the castle at Ludwigsburg is fantastic.

If you have limited time in Germany I would make other areas a priority. But if you do have time, Stuttgart is a great city to visit and spend some time in.

Old Nov 12th, 2001, 10:52 AM
amy

I went to Stuttgart when I was 18 (only about 10 yrs. ago) and I really enjoyed the Staatsgallerie which was a modern art museum with lots of big name sculptures and paintings.

Old Nov 13th, 2001, 01:10 AM
Gar

Hi there,

wow, two questions about Stuttgart at one day ... cant believe.
Serious: the museums have still be named, there are a lot more for sepcial interest like wine, musical instruments, dinosaurs, playing cards...
There are four castles, a worldwide renown ballett, beautiful views from the tv-tower, the Karlshoehe and the tower at the main station, lot of good wines, big festivals (Volksfest is the second big in the world), river cruises ...
And there are a lot of nice places easy to reach from Stuttgart. Esslingen with ist old houses, Tuebingen, Ludwigsburg with ist barock architecture ...

Take a look at www.stuttgart.de or just ask for anything special.

Have fun
Gar