Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Studio/1BR Rental in Paris: Any experience with Paris Appartements Services?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have experience renting from Paris Appartements Services (www.paris-apts.com)?

I'm planning a four-week sojurn to Paris later this year - probably November-December. My preference is a moderately-priced large studio or 1BR in the 7th (Ecole Militaire). I would also consider the 6th (Odeon/St. Germain) or the Marais.

I've been doing research for months, reviewing threads on this forum and on Slow Travel. But I haven't found any mention of this company other than an ad France Today magazine.

Advice is most welcome!
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:09 PM

Hi Julie,
We will be making our first trip to Paris at the end of February and renting a Studio in the 7th from "ParisPerfect.com". The owners have been a dream to work with. I'll jump back on this site when we return. But there are lots of references on the site itself.
Happy travels,
Laurie
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM

You might also take a look at the www.parisvacationapartments.com site. Their prices are in $, not euros. They have all the hotel concierge amenities, laptops etc.

I use them, Parisperfect and Parisianflat for rentals. A good selection..

Enjoy.....
Old Jan 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM

Try Vacation in Paris, they have some advantages in that you pay in US by credit card, get key in advance before you leave and have a contact both in US and local.
www.vacationinparis.com
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone for your advice.

I had already bookmarked properties from each of the agencies you've recommended. That's enouraging!

I'm trying to keep my one-month rental costs in the $3,500-$4,000 range, which precludes a few of these options (the Palais Royale properties are, alas, out of my range)

I haven't pursued the VRBO route. I realize an agency charges a markup, but they can provide an alternative property if something goes awry. Does anyone have an opinion on this approach?

Thanks again, everyone!
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 10:27 PM

The Paris Vacation Apartments site that I gave you has the large St. Germain Studio that seems to be just what you are looking for, both in size, location and price. It includes a laptop and they have all the concierge amenities. Be sure to note that their prices are in $, not euros!

I have it rented for a month, mid Sept. - mid Oct. Very nice people, in every way.

Enjoy looking...........
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Original Poster

Gracejoan, thanks for the recommendation. I must have been swooning over the Palais Royale properties and missed the St. Germain apartment! It looks very comfortable and roomy.

Here's a good one -- your dates overlap with mine by two weeks! So I'll have to keep looking : )

Thanks again!
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 02:01 AM

Julie,

I thought you would like it..too bad that I will be in it at that time.

The www.parisperfect.com little "Kir" is really very nice, too. All Paris Perfect are great. I stayed in the "Grenelle" in Oct. I previewed the "Kir" and it is perfect for one person! I will be there for a week in April, after staying in a www.parisianflat.com aprtment with my granddaughter and husband..that one in the 6th as it is their first time and thought best to have them in the "thick of things". I prefer to be elsewhere, as I guess I "have been there, done that"....

You will find something..enjoy looking.....
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 02:29 AM

Julie,

This outfit: http://studio.provaction.com/index2.html seems to have a number of places in the 7th. I don't know anything about them, but I am sure that you will find some on this site who have used them. See if you find one that appeals to you.

Another: http://www.perfectplaces.com/vacation-rentals/38447.htm a bit funky, but interesting..not in the 7th...

Fun to look.....
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 02:53 AM

Julie,

This site: http://www.parisleftbankrental.com/index.html

I think their Grenelle studio is in the same complex as the Paris Vacation one that I have rented.

Take a look...........
Old Jan 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

More great leads -- thanks. I'll be busy tonight checking them out.

I'm leaning toward Vacation in Paris because of good reports on this board, and the ease of payment etc. (credit cards, US$)

Things are looking good for my month is Paris!
J
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 02:49 AM

Enjoy looking at everything. The planning is really half the fun!!

I have never had a problem in paying with Paris Perfect, Parisian Flat or Paris Vacation Apartments. They all take credit cards, and charge them at the times due. All very simple. I will be having a Paris Perfect charge later this month for April and The Parisian Flat in March. They do NOT pre charge the security deposit.

I rented a little place from Vacation in Paris a number of years back..not a good experience. Did not like the place, had to make many, many calls to have the security deposit refunded. They may be better now.

Whatever, don't use PayPal..high fees..if you do not have one, get a Capital One credit card. They are the ONLY one who does not charge fees for each charge that they convert.

Enjoy...........

Enjoy.........
Old Jan 16th, 2008, 03:54 AM

Julie,

Don't know if you have found a place...I ran into this one that might interest you.

It is on Verneuil between rue du Bac and Orsay

http://www.vrbo.com/102516
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Hi Gracejoan3--
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate the recommendations you've made.

I just booked the 1BR Eiffel Hideaway through Vacation in Paris. It's a relief to have the apartment settled so I can concentrate on what I'll do in Paris for the month of October! It's going to be a great 50th birthday!

J

Old Jan 28th, 2008, 05:10 PM

vacationinparis.com apt#122...6th district. I'll be renting that apartment. I just paid the balance last month. They're located in New Jersey and are easy to deal with and only required a $300. deposit. Happy Travels!
Old Jan 28th, 2008, 05:24 PM

I selected Vacations in Paris for our trip in March largely because-unlike most appts - they would accept a 3 night stay. Traveling with 2 teenage girls and was going to get 2 rooms at Hotel Dieu. We have the 2 BR "Island Living" on Ille St. Louis for same price. Hope security deposit not a hassle! I wonder if it makes it easier to get back if it's on a credit card.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 05:11 AM

A lot of these apartments look great, especially the one gracejoan3 is renting. It seems like not a lot of them have A/C though, is this hard to find in an apartment?

If we go in May I'm not too concerned, but if we go in June should that be a requirement for us?
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM

yes, it is hard to find a Parisian apt. with AC. There are a few around, but it's not common.

I wouldn't say AC would be a requirement for anyone, it depends on their preferences and taste. I've been to Paris in the summer quite a few times without it, but if I had a choice, I'd book a place with it -- especially in July and August. I wouldn't be so concerned about it in early June, but would prefer it in later June. Nothing is guaranteed re weather, that's why I would never say it is a requirement. Lots of Parisians live there without it, that's why it is rare to have it in an apt.
Old Jan 29th, 2008, 11:42 AM

Thanks Christina,
I guess I should say it's a requirement for me if it's muggy and in the 90s or upper 80s, but weather is so unpredictable. This is sad news for me that apartments are hard to find with A/C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -