Reload this Page >

STROOPWAFELS by Van Der Breggen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 1998, 03:09 AM
Eileen

While studying in Switzerland, a Dutch friend of mine always gave me Stroopwafels made by a company called "VAN DER BREGGEN". It has become a favorite of mine but the problem is, I don't know where I can get some more. Is there any place in Switzerland or Paris that sells this brand of Stroopwafels? If you know of any, please share your information with me. <BR>Or do you have any idea how I can contact Van Der Breggen directly? I miss stroopwafels so much and am desperate to find them again.

Old Sep 3rd, 1998, 10:38 AM
Riet Bots

Hi ! I do not think that you should be fixed on the branch name "Van der Breggen". In the Netherlands (and nowadays sometimes in Belgium as well), one can buy "stroopwafels" in any supermarket/bakery. <BR>Try to contact the Dutch embassy in Switserland to see whether Dutch people working there know where to buy them in Switserland. And otherwise ... come to the Netherlands ... if I do understand your mail well, they are worth the journey !!!

Old Sep 4th, 1998, 08:05 AM
Eileen

Thanks for the advice, Riet! I really appreciate it. However, much as I would like to go to the Netherlands to get some Stroopwafels, I do not have the chance to do so this year. <BR>So, it's either Paris or Geneva/Zurich for me. These are my only options for now. But I am keeping my fingers crossed; I hope I get some more responses to my question before my trip in October. <BR>Thanks again and have a nice weekend. <BR>

Old Sep 4th, 1998, 11:28 AM
Ross Thompson

In the U.S.A., you can find a very commercial type of Stroopwafel at Dean & Deluca. Of course, they can't replace the ones made fresh daily like you can get in Amsterdam, but they'll do in a pinch. Melt the insides slightly over a cup of hot coffee. Yum!

Old Nov 5th, 1998, 11:34 AM
Sharon

as an lover of Stroopwafels, I can relate,I'm a Canadian, and I hit all of the Dutch Delis, butcher shops ect. If it says dutch I go. There are differences with brand names. They are getting easier to find thankfully. Also some times the major department stores have them in their food section or their ethnic area. Now is the time to find them as Sinter Klas is coming and you may find a few more dutch delicacies.