Reload this Page >

Street / Road Names

Search

Street / Road Names

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 05:14 PM
E. Lee

Street / Road Names

Hi, I will be staying in a rented apartment in Frankfurt located at Konigslacher Strasse. My work place is located at Lyoner Strasse. I would like someone to advise me how can I get to my workplace, by bus, train or feet? Is the location of my apartment far away from the main shopping district, train station? I would also like to know how is the surrounding environment at Konigslacher Strasse? Is it a convenient location with basic amenities? Pls advise...Thanks

Old Jan 11th, 2000, 05:37 PM
miriam

Hallo, <BR>I know the place where youŽll be working very well, but I don`t know the location of your apartment. Lyoner Strasse is a place in a suburb called Niederrad where a lot of big companies like Nestle, Siebel, Delta Airlines have their European headquarters. ThereŽs a building called "Atricom" where a lot of start-up companies are doing their business from in Europe. You can compare that place to Silicon Valley, but itŽs much smaller..and not important... <BR>Referring to the apartment question, Frnakfurt is really huge and I have the impression that Koenigslacher Strasse is somewhere out of the city in a suburb. <BR>If you`ll give me more information IŽll be able to help you. <BR> <BR>Take care <BR> <BR>Miriam

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 07:18 PM
rogdet

I looked up Koenigslacherstrasse in www.stadtplan.de which lists all streets in all towns and cities in germany. Your street is not listed. You may be outside the municipality of Frankfurt a.M. That does not mean it's a long trip to work. German cities are very compact and quite. I don't think the population of Frankfurt would exceed 750 thousand.

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 07:23 PM
harzer

Sorry. Add 'small in area' after 'quite'.

Old Jan 12th, 2000, 07:25 PM
E.Lee

Thanks for your comments and advice. <BR>My rented apartment is by the name of Residenz Royal located at Konigslacher Strasse. I think it is a small away from the city centre.