Reload this Page >

strangest clothing??????????

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:28 AM
davy

the citizens of which country wear's the strangest clothing???????? for me its gotta be Morris Dancing - how silly can u get??? Kilts in Scotland, now that has to be cold!! How do you manage it in winter guys??

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Oaktown Traveler

It's a slow day so: <BR> <BR>I vote USA, specifically the "Wife Beater" t-shirt that some men and kids wear. <BR> <BR>Oaktown

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 07:59 AM
noversace

Hey fellow Americans, remember the "I'm with stupid" t-shirts? That was funny the first 7,895,467 times I saw it. <BR> <BR>The French for orange pants. On MEN!! And the color combinations!! Ooolala! <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:02 AM
JOdy

Me too on the USA.. Especially the orphan hand me down look that teenage boys prefer, oversized shirts and pants with high tops and their underwear showing, I keep thinking this fad will disappear but it seems to be hanging on and on and on and ON. <BR> <BR>Having said that I did see a very strange person in a Paris park, HE was crocheting or knitting, I forget which, and was wearing one of his handmade garmest, a multicolored, striped one piece outfit with a stocking cap, Hope that on doesn't catch on.

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Diane

Our 20-yr old son was sawing up a fallen tree in our backyard a couple of weeks ago. He had to sort of pause mid-motion every so often to pull up the oversized knee-length shorts that kept slipping down past his hips on one side or the other. One of those family comedy shots you wish you could have gotten on tape...

Old Jul 17th, 2001, 08:19 AM
Art

After my first divorce, a friend gave me a t-shirt that said "Lifestyles of the poor and unknown". Lately it was on the back of a motorcycle rider stating "The Bitch fell off". <BR>Cheers <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 04:47 AM
D.

Art: hahahaha..

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 05:58 AM
just

could it be: Black (Capri) pants, with a black shirt and, of course, black Ecco shoes on a tourist, hopelessly pretending to be a true Parisian in Paris? Or would that be hitting to close to home?

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Earnest

Nothing shouts class like "Budweiser."

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 07:17 AM
egg

Those American businessmen who dress up as Arabs (Shriners?). They beat Morris Men hands down.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 07:33 AM
Polizei

I think American young men are the worst dressers in the world -- from droopy drawers to T-shirts that look like ads or pick fights (for once I agree with Oaktown T'r) to -- an alltime worst idea: billed caps worn backwards with the bill over the neck and the snap or button tab across the forehead. These boys/men look like lobotomized Weimeraners.

Old Jul 18th, 2001, 01:33 PM
blondie

Oh my god, Polizei!!! I think I'm in trouble from reading your post!! I'm at work supposedly slaving away, but I was "sneeking a peek" at the Europe forum. When I read .. "lobotomized Weimeraners", I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. You painted a perfect picture with that expression ... hilarious!! Now "Mr Big" is wanting to know what I'm laughing about .... will probably get my knuckles rapped REALLY hard this time! <BR> <BR>Thanks for the giggles! <BR> <BR>Blondie

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 04:42 AM
culture lady

To Egg especially....those American business men dressing like Arabs who you knock (and they also come from Canada, Mexico and Panama) that you trash below raise millions of dollars for burned and handicapped children in North and Central America. Their having a little fun dressing up has saved thousands of lives and made others lives worth living. This is done free of charge for the children. Perhaps if your child was burned or born with a birth defect who had received totally free medical care because of the work of this group you would not say things. <BR> <BR>To the initial poster.....Cultural differences make travel and life interesting.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 06:16 AM
Bob Brown

I liked the one about lobotomized Weimaraners. I saw quite a few of them in class for many years. They looked like they did not know where the were or why they were there. And at test time they proved it. <BR>Now that women students can compete for entrance into almost all universities and colleges on an equal footing, it is not surprising at all that women are more than 50% of the student body -- even in what for years was a traditional male bastion: schools of business. <BR> <BR>Admission standards at the school where I retired are now such that the average SAT score is over 1200. Not surprisingly, more than half of the students in the college of business are female. <BR>As a result of the higher standards, the lobotomized Weimaraners are now elsewhere and they are conspicious by their welcome absence. <BR> <BR>During the last 6 - 8 years of my active career, I saw loads of super talented students of both genders in roughly equal numbers. The Weimaraners were totally out of their class. If one somehow slipped in, he did not last very long. <BR>I often wonder what these droopy drawered, slack jawed, mono syllabic folks think they will be doing in the next 10 years. Ansering to an articulate, well-trained female boss is definitely in their future. <BR>Perhaps their big muscles will assist them in jobs that require heavy lifting. <BR>

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 06:57 AM
egg

"those American business men dressing like Arabs who you knock" <BR> <BR>Who's knocking them? The thread was about eccentric costume. Morris men also raise money for charity.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 07:18 AM
Russ

No country seems to have a monopoly on oddball attire. The oddest clothing, IMO, is any item with a visible brand name or logo, whether it's a little alligator or 12-inch "No Fear" lettering. A sure sign of some sort of personality disorder.