Reload this Page >

Storing Luggage for the day - Assisi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 05:21 PM
Kat

I will be travelling by car from Bevagna (checking out of our hotel)to Chiusi (to check into the next hotel) but will be spending the day in Assisi on the way. Since the auto we get may not have a lot of trunk space, I am trying to develop a plan for our luggage. Any suggestions other than doubling back???? Thanks!

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 01:01 AM
Helen Donegan

Originally I thought of trying to find a hotel to keep your luggage for you but realised that the attended car park would be just as safe as a hotel reception - you can park either under St Francis' Bascilica or St Clares' - if you are near where the attendents are you should have no problem. Assisi really doesn't have a problem with car parking but of course it is always best to be careful. <BR>If you are interested in other places such as San Damiano etc let me know. <BR>Helen Donegan, editor Italywithus.com - <BR>a free monthly eZine. <BR>[email protected] <BR>www.italywithus.com

Old Sep 7th, 2001, 06:51 AM
Jean

In Sept 99 I left my bag for the day at the newstand/trailer outside of the train station near Assisi. It was kept in a locked room and the cost was around 5000 lire for 24 hours. Jean

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Kat

Helen, <BR> <BR>Thanks for the suggestions including your newsletter - www.italywithus.com! I really enjoyed reading them and found a lot of useful information! I will plan on finding an attended parking lot and not get too hung up on it! Hey, I can alwas be forced to buy new clothes there, right?!

Old Sep 8th, 2001, 10:53 AM
Kat

Jean, thanks for your advice, too!