Hertz locations in Paris France

Jun 17th, 2000, 11:19 AM
Bob

Hertz locations in Paris France

We are renting a car at CDG and heading to Normandy for three days. We then return to Paris to stay at the George V on George V Blvd for four nights. My question: It is better to turn the car in at CGD and cab to the hotel or is there a close by Hertz turn in location in the city of Paris? Anyone know anything that can help?

Jun 17th, 2000, 11:39 AM
Richard

Last month we rented from Hertz at Deauville and returned the car to Paris, a Hertz location a block away from the Gare St. Lazare.

Jun 17th, 2000, 06:53 PM
Terry

There is a Hertz Location near the Eiffel Tower at the Invalides Train Station if you insist on renting from those crooks.

Jun 18th, 2000, 06:24 AM
elaine

Hi Bob
Hertz ought to be able to tell you where all of their Paris locations are. Then you can find them on a map vis a vis
your hotel, or ask further here. If it is an issue, find out if there is any additional charge for returning it in the city as opposed to the airport, although that might be offset by cost of transport from CDG to your hotel.

Jun 18th, 2000, 08:02 AM
Maira

Bob, try the following site http://wgb.pagesjaunes.fr/pj.cgi?lang=en

use their yellow pages under "car hire" as business type entry, HERTZ as the name of the business, and Paris as the city. Hit search and the result should be (at least that's what I got...) the address and details of about 20 HERTZ locations in Paris. You could use the same website to type in the name of the street address and you'll obtain detailed information, pictures of the street, up and down, and which are the nearby metro stations.

Two years ago, we parked our car at an underground parking lot directly across from the Invalides (Napoleon's Thomb). HERTZ had a location there as well.

Jun 18th, 2000, 12:27 PM
Bob

Thanks for the info. I disagree on the "crooks" comment about Hertz. We have been to Europe about 20 times in the last 15 years. Hertz has been the only company that has come through each and every time we used them. Trust me, I have used AutoEurope, Kemwell, Budget and a few of the others. I went the money saving route. They all have cheap rates, but when you arrive a "problem" has occurred. I finally decided to go with Hertz so I would know the car I needed in the size I needed would be waiting for me. They may charge a little more, but it has been worth it.

Jun 19th, 2000, 05:23 AM
Jose

There is a Hertz location close to your Hotel about 3 blocks from Arc of Triomphe in Place St. Ferdinand. You actually can walk from there to your Hotel and it's a very pleasent walk.

Jun 19th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Ruth

You can arrange in advance with Hertz for them to come pick up your car at your hotel in Paris free of charge. We did this for our trip in May. The only problem we encountered was that we arrived on the Sunday before the May 1 holiday. So Hertz, despite repeated phone calls from our hotel staff, did not come to pick the car up for several days and are now trying to charge us for the additional days. I expect that we will resolve that problem, however. It was a great convenience not to have to drive the car to another location once we reached the hotel. Remember, you have to arrange the pickup in advance.

Jun 19th, 2000, 04:15 PM
graziella

Yes Bob I think Jose is right, I have left the car several times in Rue St Ferdinand, off Avenue de la Grand Armee which is the continuation of the Champs Elysees, my advise is to learn ahead of time the sense of the little streets that leads you into the Hertz Office they are tricky. Give them a call.OK?
If we are talking of the same Hertz Office and the same George V it is too far to walk with any kind of luggage even small , a short taxi drive will do fine.
I would drive there instead of going to CDG ...but anyway I love to drive in Paris.
Bon voyage.

Sep 8th, 2001, 11:18 AM
Topper

ttt/f Marge