Reload this Page >

Storage at Pisa Station

Search

Storage at Pisa Station

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 10:52 AM
traveler

Storage at Pisa Station

Does anyone know if there are any storage areas or lockers at Pisa Train Station?<BR><BR>Do most stations (like venice, rome) in Italy have lockers?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 11:13 AM
Grasshopper

There is a left baggage window but take care to note the hours it is open. You can miss your train waiting for them to return from lunch.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Walter

Grasshopper: Was that very recent or pre 9-11? Many posts since 9-11 have said that it is closed, the last one I read was in Sept.<BR> A search brought up this one:<BR>Author: Dee ([email protected])<BR>Date: 07/19/2002, 08:41 pm<BR>Message: Bob,<BR>We were in Pisa on June 22. You should know that the luggage storage lockers in the train station were closed then. I knew that ahead of time through this website, but we checked anyway. A Fodorite had suggested checking bags in at the hotel across the street from the train station. We tried that and there was no luck there.<BR>We were stopping in Pisa along the way, so we were stuck with our bags. We went ahead and took them with us. The Tourist Info office told us we could walk or take the bus to the Tower. I believe they said it was a 45 minute walk. We opted for the bus ride because of the luggage. We only wanted to see the Tower and leave. So with our bags on our backs, seven of us rode the bus and then returned to the train station. All this took less than 90 minutes, one bus ticket only ($ .70)!<BR>Traveler: The manned left luggage areas are still open esp in the major cities. Regards, Walter

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Pisa

The storage/lockers in Pisa train station is no longer available after 9/11 due to the military base nearby. If you really need to store your extra bags., you need to take bus #3 to the airport and store them there. Then hop back the #3 (opposite direction), this will take you all the way to the Tower. Or you take Walter's advice and take your bags with you. If you go with others, you take turn to watch the bags while others go up the Tower or visit the Baptistry.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:24 AM
Pisa Traveler

Pisa: How far is the airport from the train station by bus #3 and also how far is the airport from the tower by the same bus? <BR>Thank you all for your replies!!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Galileo Galilei

Pisa Aeroporto is only five minutes by train from Pisa Centrale.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Pisa

Bus #3 in front of the train station to airport takes about 10 minutes, 15 at the max if you have to wait. Using the same bus ticket (cost .80 euro and use within 60 minutes) that you take to the airport, take the #3 bus back, pass the train station and go on to The Field of Miracle. It is about 20 minutes from airport to the gate at the Field. Beware of pickpockets on the bus because the bus can be very crowded.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 01:46 PM
Walter

I just did a &quot;google&quot; search and a local woman jumped off the Tower last week. She left her purse and ID at a locker downstairs at the Tower???<BR>www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5664595%255E1702,00.html<BR> A couple of months ago I read (not here) that someone recently had also left their stuff somewhere (lockers or luggage storage) at the Piazza. But I just assumed it wasn't true because no one else has mentioned it since the 9/11 locker closings.<BR> I'm certain they didn't add a downstairs to the Tower but I wonder if they meant at the nearby museum or perhaps they built a new ticket office at the Tower with a luggage area? <BR>Regards, Walter