Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Stonehenge-Early Access Transportation-HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help!! I have already booked tickets for the the early access to Stonehenge on a Sunday. I didn't realize that rail transport doesn't run until later on in the day. They have other times available-5:30am and 6:45am on weekdays. Would transport be easier on a weekday at an earlier time, rather than on a Sunday?

Also, if not, if I decide to keep the Sunday booking, how hard is it going to be to find transportation in the morning if I decide to stay the night in Salisbury or Bath?

PLEASE HELP!! Thank you!

Read more: http://www.frommers.com/community/fo...#ixzz1JseB4F6w
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 07:21 AM

If you stay in either you'll need to get a taxi
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 08:18 AM
ron

Krystle had asked this same question on Frommers 2 days ago and got a number of replies. http://www.frommers.com/community/fo...rtation-please

Not much point in putting any effort in trying to help unless there is additional, better info.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 09:26 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Nope -- you would have to go to Salisbury the night before -- no matter which day of the week. But you already got that info . . .

There is no train that will get you to Salisbury even if you can change your tickets to a different day.

So either spend the night in Salisbury -- or -- Why not try exchanging for late access. They also offer inner access after hours so you could take the train to Salisbury in the afternoon, see the town/Cathedral, take a taxi out to the stones in the evening and back to Salisbury and train back into London.
Old Apr 19th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help. We decided to stay the night in Amesbury at the Holiday Inn the night before. I did try to switch to the later access but none were available. So far Salisbury are there any forms of transportation into Amesbury other than taxi, ie bus? If not, I see that Salisbury is about 9 miles from Amesbury, would the taxi fare be expensive? Also, would I have to ring a taxi again after we are done with viewing Stonehenge? Or are there buses there that we could hop on after we are done?

Thanks