stoke on trent B&B's

Search

stoke on trent B&B's

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2004, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stoke on trent B&B's

looking for a reseasonable yet comfortable B&B for two nites in early december, 2004....does not need to be in stoke but can be within 30 miles or so....also inexpensive inns or hotels would be considered....given the $$ vs the pound at the moment, england is proving to be a challenge....thanks for your help
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 11:16 AM

Can't help with a B&B, but since you'll be in our near Stoke, you might want to visit one or more of the china factories. You can usually purchase very good-quality "seconds" for equally good prices, and the manufacturers will ship.
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 11:45 AM

http://www.bedandbreakfasts.co.uk/

This is a website for BnB's and hotels in England...Type in the town ) Stoke on Trent) and you will get a listing of hotels....

Have fun~
Old Aug 7th, 2004, 01:43 PM

Don't stay in Stoke-on-Trent (or any of the townships that make up the conurbation). It's a dump. Other than porcelain factories, there's nothing to recommend there (I've been many times - for my sins - and I know). Within 30 miles you are in the picturesque parts of Staffordshire or the Peak District, like Leek, Buxton or Ashbourne. A good website for B&Bs and inns is http://www.smoothhounds.co.uk/
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 02:44 AM

rhkkmk

Do you have any specific requirements?

Are you visiting something near to Stoke?

How much do you wish to spend?

Thanks

PS Alec - where do you live and who gives you the authority to call somewhere a dump?
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 05:37 AM

Greater Manchester for over 20 years (40 miles from S-o-T) and been there about a dozen times in the last 5-6 years.
Old Sep 4th, 2004, 06:58 AM

I grew up in Manchester (Wythenshawe) and visited grandparents in Stoke (Burslem) and I would say it was a dump! My daughters who grew up in Australia thought Manchester "grotty" too but I have fond memories of both places. Manifold Valley in Peak district was like paradise after being in the Coronation Street type houses and everything seemed black with black slag heaps like mountains-this is 30 years ago. I did visit Trentham 5 years ago and that seemed pleasant. Sorry no help here just a bit of nostalgia.