Husband's 40th in Feb 2007 suggestions please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 07:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband's big 4-0! is in Feb 2007. I thought about heading to Vegas, but that would be at least a week trip and I don't want to leave our 3 year for that long.

Now I am thinking a long weekend in Europe (we live in England). Maybe a stay at the a Four Seasons and have a couple of spa treatments. I am thinking luxury for his birthday.

I have a budget of £2500 (could stretch to £3000) for a 3 day weekend. Just wondering where you all would go and where would you stay? There are so many great places to choose from - really curious to see what responses I get.

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

No takers?
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 09:27 AM

I'm just too jealous -- you live in England AND you have 3,000 pounds for a luxury weekend! (And you're young too.) Maybe you also should narrow it down -- e.g., do you want to be at a resort by the sea, in the heart of an interesting city, or holed up in a castle somewhere in the country?
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 09:42 AM
ira

Hi P,

Would you like to be my wife?

Some suggestions:

http://www.palazzosasso.com/

http://www.villasanmichele.com

http://www.hotelcipriani.com/

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

abbydog,

I thought about the Four Seasons in Provence. If I did that, we could take our son and stay a bit longer. I have wanted to go there since they opened, but it seems we can only get there in Feb and most say the weather isn't great.

Then I thought, Paris, George V and a few good meals...

Thanks Ira...Villa San Michele looks goregous! Never been to Florence.

Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:24 PM

Hmm. I have Spain on the brain since I'm going there at the end of February. It won't be terribly warm but pleasant enough in Andalucia -- how about a few days at the fabulous Parador in the Alhambra at Granada? I can't afford it but my British friends stayed there last year and said it's incredible (as I gather many of the Paradors are. . .)
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:30 PM

... don't think Villa San Michele is open in February.

Me? I would go to Paris. Stay in a nice hotel. Eat great food. Leave the little one at home.
Old Jan 21st, 2006, 01:37 PM

I took my huband to Rome for his 40th in February. I got him almost to London without him finding out where we were going- I'd made everyone proise not to say- and then the stewardess came over and said "are you the couple with the Rome connection"?

So we flew from Aberdeen to London and got to Rome about 10pm on Friday night. I think we left mid afternoon.

We did the centre of Rome and the Vatican on Saturday and the Ancient stuff on Sunday, and then we caught flights back on Monday morning. It cost a LOT less than you have, even allowing for inflation

we loved it.