Reload this Page >

Staying in Avignon

Search

Staying in Avignon

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 06:30 AM
john

Staying in Avignon

My wife and I are going to Provence in April and are looking for a good hotel in Avignon. We prefer small hotels with character over the Best Westerns or the 4 to 3 star places with all the amenities. So anyone has suggestions, they would be gratefully received. <BR> <BR>John

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 12:15 PM
GeoArianne

When I studied abroad a few years ago, a friend and I stayed at the Hotel Mignon ("cute hotel"!). This hotel was not like a Best Western, nor was it like a youth hostel or hotel swarming with Americans or students. (Despite the fact that it was mentioned in "Let's Go"). I really enjoyed this hotel, the staff was friendly and breakfast was included. It was quaint and adorable. Unfortunately, I don't have the phone#. Perhaps Let's Go still lists this hotel... Otherwise I will "cherche" the phone number. Have a nice trip!

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 06:56 PM
anne

We enjoyed our stay last December at Hotel Blauvac. It's a charming small hotel, around $60 double if I remember correctly,nicely decorated rooms with bath, in the downtown historical area. <BR>Don't have the details handy - let me know if you're interested and I'll find em.

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 08:32 PM
Jeanne Mills

We, too, stayed in the Mignon Hotel in '98. We liked it because it was authentic and very friendly, but it isn't posh. It also wasn't expensive: my credit card statement shows $49! They served a nice typical French breakfast in their small public room. <BR> <BR>It is an excellent budget choice--right in the middle of the town. <BR> <BR>It may not have an Internet presence. If you, or anyone else, is interested, let me know and I'll go through the receipts from that trip and find the address and phone number. <BR> <BR>Happy travels, <BR> <BR>Jeanne

Old Dec 10th, 1999, 02:01 PM
Steve

My wife & I stayed in a village about 30 minutes drive NE of Avignon last May ('99). Cairianne (sp?). Found it on the web. Small hotel about $60; refurbished; family-run, quiet, nice restaurant. On a day trip to Avignon, found the city a bit crowded (tour buses in late May). E-mail me if you need more info.

Old Dec 11th, 1999, 05:23 AM
Kristin

Has anyone ever stayed at Hotel Splendid in Avignon? It is one that Rick Steves recommends. <BR>