St. Tropez in September?

Jan 12th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Original Poster

St. Tropez in September?

Hello. I posted once before, thinking I might like to visit St. Tropez in early spring. Now I am wondering about September? What is the weather and the crowd situation like at that time of year? Also, what is the best way to get from the airport if you don't want to rent a car? Thank you for any insights or advice!
Jan 13th, 2006, 08:55 AM

We've been in St Tropez a half dozen times or so in Sept, for up to two weeks at a stretch. We've had two "flash rainstorms" that lasted about 2 hours and locals said were "very unusual" The rest of the time the weather was perfect. First two weeks in Sept were pretty crowded between 11:30am and 5:50pm. We always plan to be elsewhere during this period - which means that you might want to consider a car.

There are lots of things to see within a short drive from St Tropez - the beaches, Ramatuelle, Gassin, Bourmes, Grimaud, and "inland" around Cotignac, Tourtour, Lorgues, and vineyards, vineyards, vineyards.

Stu Dudley
Jan 13th, 2006, 05:20 PM

I agree with Stu, September is a wonderful time to be there late in the month. The sea urchins(oursins) that I love, should be in season. they're eaten from their shells with lemon juice. a treat at a café along the port.