St. Petersburg Tour Companies

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give me any info on a company called "red october." I understand that a visa is not necessary if you arrive by cruise ship and only tour with a tour company and guide. St.Petersburg on June 5th
Old Mar 12th, 2003, 04:02 AM
MHS

Check the cruise ship forums & with your cruise ship line. Unless there's been a dramatic change, you can not leave the ship itself without a visa -- except if you are taking one of the ship sponsored tours (as opposed to "independent" touring with a company of your own choice). If you book with a non-ship tour company/guide, they should provide info on getting the visa or the visa itself -- be certain that is clear & you have all necessary paperwork before going.
Old Mar 29th, 2003, 12:46 PM

The owner of Red October, Laura, used to work for a company called west-east which is who we used. It is true that certain companies do not require a visa, I believe that Red October is one of them. Laura was very professional to deal with and delivered as pormised. <BR><BR>I would post your question over on www.cruisecritic.com. There are a lot of people over there that have used private guides.<BR><BR>The private tour was great, the guides got you in without waiting in line, took us to a Russian family's house for lunch. We got to see so much more than the shore excursion passengers.
Old Apr 27th, 2003, 11:17 AM

If you use an official Russian tour company such as Red October, you don't need to get visas - they'll make all the arrangements.
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 01:57 PM

I have read that Red October and Denrus (formerly east-west) were both Russian tour companies that didn't require visas as well, however, I haven't figured out how to contact them as &quot;red october&quot; on a search engine only comes up with Sean Connery's movie. Help!
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 03:46 PM

Red October's website is www.redoctober.spb.ru
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 08:38 PM

We used Red October in July, and recommend them highly. We did not need to purchase individual visas, as they arranged for a group visa.

Initially, they sent us a sample two day itinerary, which we adapted to our own interests. They were very cooperative about making changes.