St. Petersburg Russia tours

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 2 day tours for cruise passengers are very expensive. Is there anyway to lower the cost. What are best tour companies?
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 11:28 AM

We engaged a private tour guide, as the "tour companies" charged considerably more.

It's important to hire one that's fully licensed. I chose our guide from recommendations here on this forum, and we were very pleased with her. She met us at the ship both days and took us everywhere we wanted to go.

http://www.tourservice.sp.ru/
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 03:42 PM

We were extremely happy with Red October. They tailored their "standard" two day itinerary to meet our interests, and for four of us travelling together, it was significantly cheaper that the ship's shore excursions.
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 06:35 AM

Usually good tour companies and private guides offer you the opportunity to share the tour with other 2-4 people who sail on the same ship and have similar interests. It helps to lower the tour cost.
Old May 10th, 2008, 04:03 AM

I can recommend Tatiana. She is a licenced guide, fluent in English and can organise custom made tours.

I used her services for a two week holiday - she organised a custom made trip for me split between a week in St. Petersburg sightseeing and a week at her dacha in the country studying Russian language.

However I think I was bit of an exception - I think her usual customers are cruise ship passengers seeking a high quality personalized tour of the city.

I thoroughly recommend her. If you want more details, then please have a look at her site:

http://www.russianadventure.com

She is very friendly and helpful. I'm sure she will answer any queries you may have.

Whoever you choose I wish you a pleasant and enjoyable visit to this beautiful city. It holds many pleasant memories for me.