Reload this Page >

St. Paul de vence

Search

St. Paul de vence

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 06:19 PM
rreaa

St. Paul de vence

I will be staying at the hotel bastide this summer in St Paul. Has anyone stayed there and can you comment on the accomodations and if this is good area to base our stay in the south of france? <BR>thanks in advance

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:23 PM
Patt

Enjoyed spectacular St. Paul but did not stay there. If you are in the south of France several days, you may want to spend some time by the beaches such as Juan Les Pins (Castel Mistral) or Cannes. The air is balmy and people stroll around at night. If you have a car, there are two corniches, upper and lower, to drive to Monaco. Try ww.franceguide.com.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:26 PM
Petitte

Enjoyed spectacular St. Paul but did not stay there. If you are in the south of France several days, you may want to spend some time by the beaches such as Juan Les Pins (Castel Mistral) or Cannes. The air is balmy and people stroll around at night. If you have a car, there are two corniches, upper and lower, to drive to Monaco. Try ww.franceguide.com.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 07:53 PM
steve

check out my home site which includes a description of our trip to Provence, <BR>as well as lots of useful links. <BR>http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/5733 <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 12:20 AM
greg

Like Patt I have visited St Paul and enjoyed it but have not stayed there. The answer to your question probably depends on how long you have - I don't think this would be a good "area to base our stay in the south of France" if you intend to stay more than a few days and see more than the cote d'Azur. A good excursion from there would be to visit Toureets sur Loup then follow the Gorges du Loup up and around to Gourdon - try and arrive at Gourdon for lunch or at least a café - then continue down to complete the circuit. Of course it is only 37 kms (roughly) to Nice and less to other coastal towns but they will be very busy and, in many ways, rather similar. In my view, if you have more than a few days pick 2-3 places and stay 2-3 days at each - then you get to see much more variety

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 02:05 PM
janey

Patt, <BR>What happened to the moyenne corniche?

Old Mar 24th, 2001, 10:03 PM
lucy

I also would like advice on this area.Is St Paul de Vence a good base and what are some good hotels. Does anyone have restaurant suggestions?Thank You!