St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat hotels?

Old Apr 18th, 2001, 08:30 PM
Trish

St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat hotels?

Has anyone ever stayed at the Brise Marine or the Hotel Clair Logis
in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat? Would anyone even recommend staying in St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat?

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 04:07 AM
Ursula

Trish: I have been to Saint- Jean-Cap-Ferrat years ago and I definitely loved it. At that time, the place was rather quiet and I guess it is still. It is kind small peninsula away from heavy traffic. Sorry, but cannot help you with the suggested hotels. We rented a house. But you definitely need a car to get around. Have a nice trip!

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Andria

When I was planning my honeymoon to the riviera last summer, I was trying to decide between Cap Ferrat and Brise Marine. Here's my advice: By all means, if you can afford Cap Ferrat, stay there! However if you cannot afford it, stay at Brise Marine.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 05:10 AM
Andria

Oops! I forgot to mention above, that I changed the date of my wedding and ending going to France with one of my bridesmaids one month before I got married because my husband couldn't get off work, so I decided not to stay at any romantic hotels in the riviera until I go back with him. But I would definitely stay at Cap Ferrat if I could choose anywhere I wanted.

Old Apr 19th, 2001, 09:24 AM
linda

Trish, I have stayed at Clair Logis.. It is very, very pleasant. It has the feeling of a small private estate in the middle of the peninsula. Orange trees, Bourgainvillea(sp), and flowers. They speak limited English, but give warm and sincere welcome. Breakfast outside was wonderful. Do not, do not book a room in the new building. The two old buildings are terrific.

I remember Brise Marine. It has a great location. I'm sure some of the rooms must have sea views. There was a terrace with a canvas canopy which would be delightful at breakfast and at any other time. I remember it because I thought it would be a pleasnt place to stay.

Hard choice. Have Fun

linda

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 09:27 PM
ana

If you can afford it, stay at the Hotel Du Cap--it is WONDERFUL--pool overlooks med and you can't see where pool water ends and sky begins--very romantic--staff ratio is 2 to 1--incredible
\

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 11:01 PM
John H

I stayed at the Brise Marine 5 or 6 years ago and enjoyed it very much. The room was fairly ordinary, as I recall; the bed was low to the ground, as I recall, and had one of those awful rolls for pillows. I would definitely opt for one of the rooms with a balcony (which I did not have last trip). Also, if I recall correctly, there's really no common interior room in the hotel to speak of (like a lobby), though I do recall that our room had a double door opening onto a courtyard/garden of sorts. But, breakfast sitting on the terrace every morning was magical, overlooking the Meditteranean Sea. The owners were equally wonderful and charming, even storing our luggage for a brief foray into Italy. And, St. Jean Cap Ferrat is a very pleasant place to walk/be (we were there in October), and is only a 15 minute drive or so into Nice.

I am opting to stay in Nice itself when I go back to the Riviera in September, but I will always remember fondly my first trip to the Riviera and staying at the Brise Marine.

john

Old Apr 22nd, 2001, 01:55 PM
coco

Above post is quite right that Hotel du Cap is wonderful, but is located one cap to the west: Cap d'Antibes. Both caps have much to recommend them!