Spring restaurant in Paris

Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Spring restaurant in Paris

Hi. I just called Spring to make early May reservations and was told to call back in April. Given the size of this place and the great reviews, I am surprised at this and now nervous that when I call back in April, it will be booked. Has anyone else made recent reservations there and if so what was the timing? Thanks
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM

This is pretty standard fare for trendy restaurants in NYC too. I usually just begin calling like mad 30 days out.

Because of the great reviews, they are only willing to book one month ahead. It's a clever way of keeping someplace hot and in demand.

Unfortunately I can't give any specific information about Spring with this regards.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Original Poster

thanks. i am from nyc so know all the tricks. i have been corresponding w/ a food critic who loves spring and he said it is booked thru march so i am wondering how if they are only booking a month in advance. i will try again tomorrow...
Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM

Thanks for the report of your attempt. I was considering this for March 21 - Good Friday. Sounds like maybe I'd better phone now if there's to be any hope.
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM

They only book out 1 month in advance, I did not find it difficult to get a res. there, though I did not take it as the they could not guarantee a fish course on the menu and I do not eat meat. The phone was answered on the 1st ring with no message or long recording or "press 1 for x" and so on. They probably are less popular to the tourist set than the Flo group. No need to fret.

It is no different the NYC restaurants the only book out 2 months.