Split accomodations

Old Mar 7th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Split accomodations

I have been looking at Split hotels and private acc. Park already turned me down for Sept. What about Adriana HOtel? Any other good places near Bacevice area? I will be in split for 2 1/2 days. Is that a good time alotment?
Also, has anyone ever taken the night ferry to Rijeka?
Thanks,
Mike
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 08:20 AM

I am topping this because I too am seeking info on Split hotels! Curious how much they tend to cost, and if sobe are widely available there. Thanks!
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 09:46 AM

You might want to consider spending the night in Trogir instead of Split. Its very close and people on this board seem to prefer it.
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 10:25 AM

Sobe are readily available in Split. Just go to the bus station or Ferry depot (right across from one another) and you'll be overrun with ladies trying to rent you their rooms.

I didn't stay overnight in Split so I can't help you with hotel info.

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM

I second runnsally about Trogir. We opted to stay in Trogir although we originally had planned on 2 nights in Split. After exploring both we were glad we did!

We checked out Villa Siika but it was full. They recommended a wonderful place right up the street called Apartment Bakica. It was wonderful!!
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 03:49 PM

miha88: We stayed our first night in Croatia at the Bellvue hotel in Split. Don't bother. It is old, no air conditioning, tiny rooms, and overpriced at about $100 for a double. The other problem was that it must back onto a bell factory. Either that, or the churches in Split have services at really early hours; timed before you want to wake up, and/or in the middle of nap time.

Follow the advise of the others on this thread and stay in Trogir. For one thing, Trogir is closer to the airport and you can always take a bus into Split to sight see. I think 2 1/2 days a bit long for Split.

Have a great trip!