Spanair Advice

May 10th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Spanair Advice

Hi Folks,

I'll be flying from Malaga to Barcelona on a Monday in June and I found a one-way fare on Spanair for 65,45euros. The only problem is the fare has to be "purchased in Spain", and picked up within 72 hours of booking. Does anyone know any way around this restriction?
Are those flights usually booked? Can I wait until I arrive on June 6 to book my ticket, or will that be too late??

Once again,
!Muchas Gracias!
May 10th, 2003, 05:55 PM

Interesting. Sorry, I can't help you out, but sounds like a good deal..I'm studying abroad in Barcelona for a month this summer and would be interested in flying places on the weekends if tickets are so cheap..!
May 11th, 2003, 02:21 AM

Matisse,

There was another thread recently on just this subject and the answer appears to be that you need a mailing address in Spain (your hotel perhaps?).

Here's the link:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...2&tid=34414837

Hope this helps,
Andre
May 11th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Bootman4U

Would it be possible to ask the concierge at your hotel to purchase it in your name, charging it to your credit card (since they already probably have those CC details anyway, and then holding it for you at the hotel?

May 12th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the helpful hints, and the link to that thread - Very useful!
May 12th, 2003, 11:51 AM

I don't know how much time you'll have in Spain before you fly the Malaga-Barcelona leg, but I thought I'd mention that I found it very easy to walk into an Iberia office, book and pay for a ticket on very short notice. (I flew a couple of days later, but I'm sure you could fly the next day.) I imagine the same is true for Spanair. You might even be able to do it at the airport on arrival at the Spanair desk. Otherwise, do a little research to find a convenient Spanair office, and then buy the ticket when you get to Spain (note that the most convenient office might, in fact, be the airport on arrival).
May 15th, 2003, 06:33 AM

We are also flying from Malaga to Barcelona in June (for 50 euros). I had them send the tickets to an address of a friend of mine in Madrid. I purchased them April 26th on the internet and they were SUPPOSE to arrive 3 days later. Then I got an e-mail saying they would arrive May 5th. Well, they finally arrived May 12th (plus my friend has to got to the post office to pick it up). So 3 days express mail really took 16 days!!! You can imagine all the worrying I did during this time. If I were you and had no reliable friend to do all this for you, I would follow Kate's advice and try to buy the tickets at the airport when you first arrive in Spain. You can also buy the tickets in the States but there is a considerable mark-up.