Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Spain: Which places/sites to pre-purchase admission/ticket?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm leaving for Spain this Friday. Will be visiting Barcelona, Madrid, Toledo, Segovia, Sevilla, Cordoba, Ronda & Granada.

I've booked all accommodation and purchased train tickets on RENFE, but have only bought ticket for Alhambra - since they're normally sold out early in advance.
Intend to visit the main sites eg Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, Casa Battlo, Palau Guell, Palau Musica de Catalan, Prado, Palacio Real, Thyssen, Reina Sofia, Alcazar (at the various places), Catedral (at the various places), Picasso museum etc.

Are there any other sites that I should pre-purchase tickets for? ie to avoid long queues, discount prices. Are there passes that I should think about getting?

Appreciate your advice. Thanks!
Old May 9th, 2011, 07:20 AM

Sorry, I have no experience buying tickets ahead of time. Some kind of a "city card" might give you an edge.
Check a tourist office web page for Madrid and Barcelona.
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:41 PM

If you can, you should always purchase your tickets ahead of time if you have only a limited amount of time at your destination, regardless of what some might say. If you don't, you could end up wasting valuable time standing in line only to find that there are no openings at the time you want to visit, or even on the same day.
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:27 AM

Hi

I live in andalucia about 1 hour from Granada and Cordoba in a little village called Iznajar...gorgeous.
If you don't pre book for the Alhambra you won't get in, book asap. (The tour groups tend to book up most of the tickets) the Mesquita in Cordoba is fine without booking, any questions please don't hesitate to ask
Happy holidays
Old May 11th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

I already have tickets for Alhambra.
Just wondering whether I should buy other tickets as well.
Old May 11th, 2011, 03:15 PM

I can't think of anywhere else you'd need to pre-buy a ticket. We just spent 2 weeks in Spain in April and I only prebooked the Alhambra tickets (although we did end up buying an additional ticket to go back at night and see it in a different light, so to speak- magical).
Buy the Paseo del Arte ticket in Madrid when you go to the 1st of your museums there- it gets you into the Prado/Thyssen/Reina Sofia at a slight price break. Otherwise, just buy as you go- and have a great time!
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM

el13207,
Did you purchase the night-time Alhambra tickets ahead of time, or when you arrived in Granada?