Spain trip questions

Mar 26th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Spain trip questions

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are travelling to Spain in May. We've got hotels booked when we land in Barcelona and again when we leave from Madrid. We'll be staying a while in Andalusa and would prefer to book hotels as we go - when we find a nice place, we want to have the flexibility to stay there the night.

My question is, is there enough last-minute availability to do this? We prefer 3 or 4 start accomodation.

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:21 AM
Neopolitan

There will always be some place you can sleep. Picky about the accomdations? Not such good options. The popular-because-they-are-special places will be filled.

Mar 26th, 2006, 07:22 AM

When I've considered attempting spontenaity, I've always checked out the availability at a few places in advance just to see how busy they seem to be during my vacation. Usually this sends me into a panic and I book all my rooms ahead. Whatever you do, if you're planning to drive through Ronda take a look at Hotel Enfrente Arte -- it is unforgettable!
Mar 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM

When in Spain, hop into any travel agent and ask them to find a room for you using Bancotel coupons. You will get a better price than if you just walked in. The coupons are 50 euros each which is usually 1 per night depending on the season. Check out bancotel.com too. As for availability, I don't think that should be a problem unless that town is having their feria.
I now live in Spain (in Andalucia near Cadiz)and travel that way all the time. You are coming during feria season, great time, try andalucia.com for excact dates and for other events and info. Enjoy-Sping in Spain esta muy bien!
Mar 27th, 2006, 12:41 PM

I think part of your decisions depends on how big the town are you are going to. Granada for example has tons of places so you might have more flexibility.

Search this Thread